Any "Angel - After the Fall" readers?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by General Magnus, Apr 17, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So who´s been keeping up with this comic?

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Right here. I have a friend that got me back into a comics store when she told me Buffy Season 8 was comming, I soon thereafter learned of Angel and put that on my list as soon as I heard about it.

It's actualy about time for me to reread all the issues so I can keep the story fresh in my head.

3. General Magnus

Gotta love the Spike and Illyria duo, although issue 5 left me with a big "WTF?"

4. planetjacker

News Credits:
    Yea they work reasonably well together. I just took a peak through 5 and I had totaly forgtten about Fred popping up (see I got rereading to do).

As cool as Illyria is I was always pissed that they killed Fred to bring her in.

Is it just me or is Angel no longer a vampire in the book?

5. General Magnus

I love Illyria. She´s my favorite character along with Spike. Yup Angel is a human, but i think it has nothing to do with the Prophecy. My guess is that if the prophecy has to come to an end, it will be in the last issue. I really want to see how Angel in the middle of a battle, turned a creature the size of a fighter jet into his side.

6. General Magnus

No more readers? :( 

7. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    It's my fav book out right now. Fro mthe plot, to the scripting, the development, the characterization, down the cliffhangers. It's my favorite comic. I buy all covers, and RI covers as well.

My only dislike is that I wish it focused more on Angel. I love Spike and Lorne; but Brian Lynch clearly has a softspot for Spike; which is cool but I just wish the focus was a little more on Angel. Heck, even First Night part one didn't deal with Angel at all, yet.

That's my only complaint cause Lynch nails these characters better than a lot of the season 5 writers.

8. General Magnus

I´m curious on what´s wrong with Illyria and how Angel persuaded the dragon into their side.

Somehow I don´t think the Powers That Be took gladly what the Senior Partners did to LA. I would like to see them intervene at some point, maybe with Cordy apearing again. Also I hope Angel get´s the prophecy fullfiled at the end. He kind of deserves it.

9. planetjacker

News Credits:
    I am intrested to find out why/how Wesley ended up working for the Senior Partners. The last we saw of him he died fighting them.

As for Illyria I kinda hope that Fred is still in there somewhere and being in another dimension is allowing her enough strength to pop out (like when she saw Wesley). I Have to hold out hope that Fred can be brought back.

10. General Magnus

Wes signed to work for them in season 5. And since he is human his soul belongs to them.

I think Whedon said that one of the plans he had for season 6 was that Fred and Illyria would be one and the same. Kind of like the Hulk. Fred would be Fred but when fight was needed she would "hulk out" and become Illyria to fight. And I hope the Powers finally get of their arses and intervene in some way.

11. planetjacker

News Credits:
    I hadn't considered that aspect to Wesley. Like selling your soul to the devil, fight him all you want when you die you belong to him.

All the PTB's did in the early seasons was be cryptic and cause Cordy's visions to be painfull. Didn't they flat out refuse to help Angel when he went to them for something? If that's true why would they help now?

12. General Magnus

Well, it appears that there is some sort of "gentleman´s agreement" between the PTB and the SP. Each side plays their agents and try to influence the course of the world, without interfering directly. When the SP´s sent LA to Hell, I think they violated that rule. Think about it. If they can do that, why don´t sent all of mankind to Hell in first place? Why create Wolfram and Hart?

13. planetjacker

News Credits:

I see them as being more organized and subtle than that. It is more satisfying to make people suffer if they are happy to begin with. Sending everyone to hell is more chaotic and doing that to L.A. was done as a punishment to Angel more than anything. Besides they have holdings on countless dimensions it just wouldn't be feasable to send them all to hell, it would get rather crowded.

14. General Magnus

Granted, but I still think there´s more to that. Heck through the series, they said they want the Apocalypse to happen, they work for it. Clearly they can do it by themselfs (sending the city to Hell, unleash demon armies etc, ect). There is something holding them back. Heck for all we know this action by part of them, might have serious repercussions. At minimum they upset the balance of power. Their not the only major force in existence.

15. planetjacker

News Credits:
    That could be. Perhaps it is like a couple of people playing a game and one player desides to just turn the board upside down because they got upset. The real question is if the PTB will pissed enough to punch them in the face for doing so.

I'm actualy disapointed that we have over 70 views and for the most part only you and I are posting. With the response the Buffy comic gets in the comming this week thread I thought there might be more.

16. General Magnus

That´s my theory. I kind of hope for Cordy (since she´s one of the Powers now) to descend to Earth, take the city back or something.

Yeah, I agree with you. Seems we two are the only readers....

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm reading too - I've just not read the newest issue so I'm staying away from spoilers right now.

I'm enjoying the series, the "in hell" aspect is a nice shakeup, and I'm enjoying seeing what all the characters are doing.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Love it. It's just as good as the show, though I kinda have to agree about needing more Angel. Still, some of the twists all but knock me out of my chair. I'm really curious to see what Gunn is up to with that psychic fish thing.

19. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Oh, I'm reading it as well, like Buffy. Enjoying it better than the Buffy series, but I think it's mainly because it has some snazzier writing - Xander steals every scene he's in, but few of the other Buffy cast members are having the same effect. Angel, on the other hand, has had twists and turns and some decent action, as well as clearly picking up from the end of the series rather than Buffy's "yeah, it's a bit later now and we have an ARMY" approach.

It's stated Wesley is still working for the Senior Partners like ... whats her name, the lawyer who's contract he tried to rip up at one point, since she was still working as a ghost. And yeah, to the other person who asked, Angel's a human now, or at least has his vampire side locked... it hasn't been expounded on greatly, but it's his punishment of sorts - thrown into something he has to fight against, but supposedly powerless to do so. Supposedly. I think the Senior Partners have something else in mind. Clearing house, perhaps, and using Angel to do it?

20. planetjacker

News Credits:

Yea, I reread the books this weekend and can't figure out how I missed the not a vampire thing before.

I hate we have to wait 3 issues to continue Illyria/Fred and Wesley's meeting. I am so looking forward to what happens there.