any alcoholics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Feb 13, 2007.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I got it bad. I wake up and drink beer before work. I come home and drink 1.5 liters of Burgandy a night, just so I do not dream at night...yah I think about that girl that could have been, and I think about suicide alot....my only passions are toys, movies, and music, I have given up women, they lie, cheat , and steal...

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Get. Help. Now.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Wow, This is sounds really serious and I truly mean this. I hope you can find the help that you need and get over this. My hope is that if you are posting this you are looking for help and I hope that you can find it.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The alcohol is an escape. Trust me, I know. The best thing you can do is find a different outlet for your frustration/sadness. I took to writing and smoking (just as bad, I know). You have to come to the realization that the alcohol is pretty much the identified factor creating this loop.

You can't control your emotions, but you feel the alcohol helps you control it, so you drink it. However, you don't actually control your emotions, they get out of your control completely, but you're intoxicated so you have no care about it. Thing is, you will only make it worse by continuing to drink.

I'll save the "Get help!" speel. When you're ready to admit the drinking problem and that you need help, you'll seek it. Remove the alcohol from the equation, man-up and instead of being depressed/sad about what happened, get angry. Say to yourself, "You know what? Man, FUCK her. FUCK HER and what she did. I don't deserve that fucking bitch, I deserve BETTER." Take a shower, get a haircut, buy a few new pair of clothes to get a new appearance, walk outside, take a breath of fresh air, and realize that you're setting yourself free for a new start.

You can do it bro, because I did.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wow that explains a lot.

dont leave the computer man!

6. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Buddy, send me an IM on instant messenger. Screen name is honesttgabe on aim.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I quit 8 years ago. I started drinking just so that I didn't have to worry about my parents fighting but after a few years beer and scotch at night was the only thing I looked forward to every day. Fortunately I got married, had a kid and it helped me quit.
    Hope you'll get out of this. Buy some more toys so's you won't have money for the booze. Heck I'm even giving up smoking.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I don't know about this, I would tend to say the opposite : get away from the computer, it could be your worst ennemy. 9 years ago, I was clinically depressed and the Internet was only making it worse, it was my only social life, a social life that wasn't one. You need real-life interactions, and lots of them. Forget about that girl, you know it's mathematically impossible for them to be all bitches and liars. There are truly fine women out there, LOTS of them. All things in time, you'll find yours. In the meantime, get yourself together, live and have some fun. Good luck!

9. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

When you are ready to get the help you need I would recomend that you call your local AA. They can give you the help and support you need.

10. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

recognising you have a problem is the first step.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I came pretty close three years ago...and I agree with everything Kickback said.

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My mom was an alcoholic, currently going in her 3rd year in AA, however she's only got a 1 year token at this point because she has had a few lapses. She was very bipolar and just pretty crazy. But I think AA has really really helped her. She has all sorts of friends there who she can relate to, and they all help each other out when they need it and give each other support like a family. I suggest to you sir, that you go to AA.

13. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Thanks for the advice! Somehow I hold down a good job with benefits and such, and I have a good friend as a roommate. He doesnt mind all the toys...(although he knocks them down all the time by accident!) Music helps....(that is why I start music threads!)

Thing is.... if I dont drink at night I have lucid dreams all night long. I am lucky if I get 20 minutes of sleep without waking up from a dream. Then I lie awake for another 20 minutes, trying to go to sleep...them BAM, I wake up from another lucid dream. I would rather just get really fucking drunk and sleep all night.

B.T.W. I work at a drug store so I hate drugs...

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Congratulations on your warning point. - 2005

15. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Prescription medication > self medication with alcohol.

And I'd refer you to local outpatient treatment facility for a substance abuse evaluation and then any subsequent treatment they feel is needed.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its cool. he has alcoholicism to blame.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I had a friend who was trying to get off of a drug and she kept referring back to how she needed it because of (insert reason here.) You've got to remember that using these type of reasons - like the one you posted above - to rationalize why it's ok to keep drinking ULTIMATELY DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF GETTING OFF THE ALCOHOL. If you leave the alcohol behind for a long enough period of time, your body will return to a natural sleep state.

I'm being absolutely honest here, because I've seen it happen a few times with friends - using excuses or rationalizations to justify a problem = a problem. Still. Nothing's changed. You need to think of the reasons why you need the drink as hurdles to overcome, not crutches to lean on.

18. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with OWAT on this one.

You seem to have developped a type of psychsomatic co-dependancy on Alcohol that you FEEL like it's part of your natural sleep routine.

What you need to do besides the already suggested AA. You need to remember that you don't quit a bad/self-destructive behavior w/o replacing it with a more positive one. So you need to envoke a more positive pre-sleep activity. Even if it's just reading a good book while listening to soft relaxing music.

It's all on you eyeballkid, consider this a life challenge. Alcohol is the opponent and it has you on the ropes. Do you fight back or do you let it win?

That my friend is a question only YOU can answer. AA will be great at giving you moral support as well as showing you that you're not alone in this struggle

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Exactly. Don't be afraid to take that first step to recovery. I was suffering from depression a lot before because of family and social issues that I won't delve into but finding my dream girl and getting married help me becoming more positive toward life and less depressed. Get help and get back your life. Good luck.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You already gotten the hard part out of the way, which was admitting it.

Get through this , and you can handle anything. Get your strength on.
    I would say dont give up on everything, (life, family, goals etc), but I need to say nothing since I know you're better than that.

Dont know about you, but some death metal always helps me get over the women. Screw the sad shit lol