Any 24 fans? Day 6 trailer online!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Yup yup! The trailer for the new season [Premiering in January on FOX!] is online as of today! Well... Tuesday!

RIGHT HERE!

Looks very interesting... looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Wayne Palmer.:) 

2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Nice!

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    wow

Thanx
    Transbot90210

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    WOW! I've seen a few episodes of 24, but I'm waiting for the series to wrap up and be on DVD so I can watch it all at my own pace and when I want too.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Not what I was expecting to happen, but DAMN! My jaw dropped watching that trailer. Now to play the waiting game until January, and that's not going to be fun.

6. Boo

Ebay:
    Well, each season so far has already been released on DVD. Well, except last season [season 5] which is due out on December 5. Each season is pretty much stand alone... sure they each build on each other and some threads carry between... but if you were to watch, say season 3, with no prior knowledge of the series you wouldn't be completely lost.

Anyway, yeah.... that trailer is beautiful! I guess there was a different one that aired on FOX last night durign the World Series game, too. Missed that one.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Never saw 24.. Sorry but the fact he makes it across town in LA and all in record time, his cell phone never needs recharging, he never get's sleepy, never eats... Sorry but an uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with polar bears running around is more likely...

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Used to watch it, but stopped halfway through season 4. It became too, well, boring (a feeling that was already growing since the start of season 2).

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got spoiled watching the first four seasons on DVD. Watching Season 5 seemed sow, as I wasn't watching 3 or 4 episodes at a time w/o commercials. But, I'm looking forward to next season as well. Maybe Jack will...I dunno...not get killed this season.

-Tony!

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wonder why China didn't kill him. Can't wait to find out.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Season Five was the best since the first, but six will be better.

Why?

Eddie Izzard as a villain. :D 

12. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

So glad to see the results of 5 play a part, it sounded like it was going to be resolved in the prequel on the DVD, then he'd just be back at home already at the start of Day 6; and that was just silly. But it's not the case. Woo!

13. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

well the chinise didnt kill him no surprices there, the premise sounds very awsome.
    though I dunno if they can kill jack Bauer....i mean if a freaking presidential conspiracy, and the chinece goverment couldnt....then I have absolutely no idea about what can

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

But season 5 had Robocop.

I absolutely love the freakin series. I was hooked since season 1, episode 1 back in college. it's the one show i will never ever miss. I have all the DVDs and the game and watch them constantly. It's just a fantastically done show. Well maybe except season 1 when clother change and 5 o clock shadows come and go from hour to hour.

15. misterd

Honestly I had serious problems with several of the seasons, and the series has already created its own laundry list of cliche's and implausibilities (ever notice how the quickest way to any place is from the CTU office? It's 15-20 minutes from everywhere).

S1- The amnesia story. Thankfully it was short lived and self contained.
    S2- The trials of Kim. Everywhere she went disaster followed. The word "cougar" became a quick buzzword to represent all the show's credibility problems. Then once "the bomb" went off, the whole shadow conspiracy thing fell apart given what was going on in the real world. Given the fact that the US waited a month to attack Afghanistan after 9/11, it was hard to imagine that the US would be so impatient to attack a country (any country, with no evidence, even though less than 20 people were killed) that it could be used as leverage for a coup. And while, in the aftermath of 9/11 there were few reported attacks against arabs (and no fatalities that I could tell), it just so happened that this time there was one within an hour of the attack, on the one guy who just so happened to have the ability to diffuse the situation. God the second half of this season sucked.
    S3 - Jack's whole heroin story sucked. And he sure seemed to recover from it fast. Thankfully the back half of the season made up for it (Always better to start weak and finish strong than vice-versa). There was also the inane baby-subplot and Palmer actually calling Sherry-the-traitor for help. Oh, please.
    S4 - Only in Hollywood could the Republican president be so desperate for help that he calls in the former Democratic president for help the minute things get tough.
    S5 - Other than typical action-thriller-conspiracy type cliches and plot problems, the only really tough pill to swallow was the man orchestrating the day's events. But damn that was a really, really big pill to swallow. Still better than the past 3 seasons.

And I would highly recommend 24 fans check out the Showtime series Sleeper Cell. Very well written and acted. It is certainly not the same adrenaline rush as 42, but the there are enough similiarities that I think most fans could get into it (so long as you can see past the "Rainbow Coalition" that makes up the actual terrorist cell.)

16. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Sometimes, to watch the show you have to suspend belief a bit. Especially last season with the deadly nerve gas that eats through seals, kills people in seconds, unless you hold your breath and cover your mouth for three minutes, but can be completely ventilated out to the point people can use the same offices and computers that were up until an hour ago, contaminated.

Still despite obvious flaws, it's still a great show to watch. I got hooked this year with season 5 and have rented the previous seasons' DVD's. I'm in the middle of 3 right now. I'm definitely looking forward to season 6.

Somethings I'm wondering already are, how much time has passed since 5 and 6. It has to be at least three years since Wayne is now a (Democratic?) president. Buchanan is still in charge of CTU (for now), which doesn't bode well for him since most people don't last more than two seasons in charge of CTU. Karen Hayes looks like she's somewhere up higher in Homeland. Chloe and Curtis are still around. I wonder what the Chinese have been up to in regards to Jack since they shanghaied (har har) him at the end of season 5. It's gonna be fun to watch :D 

17. Boo

Ebay:
    The people over at the boards on FOX.com are saying that it's supposed 1.5 - 2 years after Day 5. Not sure if that's just speculation, or if that's from somehing official, or what though.

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I just wish they hadn't killed off Tony and Michelle. I really can't stand Chloe but hopefully with Edgar dying, she won't be such a frigid bitch.

19. misterd

Yeah, I know some disbelief has to be suspended, but there are just times when they push it to the limits (and just once I'd like to see someone have to step out to the restroom).

As for time, I lost track. The time between S1 and the end of S3 was about 4 years, as it went from one presidential campaign to the next. S4 was what? A year later? Clearly after the election. Then I think S5 was a year or more after S4, so I think we were only halfway through the presidential term. If Palmer II is in office (a feat I find highly questionable, since I never heard of any of his qualifications outside his brothers shadow, but I guess this could be Camelot II), it would probably be a minium of 18-24 months since S5.

20. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    I believe the time between S1 and S2 is 18 months. S2 and S3 is 3 years. Another 18 months between S3 and S4 and 18 months between S4 and S5. So the time between S1 and S5 total is about 7 years. Going by there has to be somewhere between a year or two lag between Day 5 and Day 6 since Wayne is supposedly a fresh-off-the-campaign newly elected president.

I also think CTU controls all the traffic signals since you can get from one end of town to another in less than an hour.
    Back to suspend