anxiety from not having every new release purchased?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chronosprime, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Chronosprime

Chronosprime Well-Known Member

wanted to see if anyone else suffers from what I get. I use to be able to afford to get every single new tf release (mainstream non 3rd party) at the store, started with classics and has gone thru now rotf line.... lately with some expenses that have arisen and other things I haven't been able to keep up and find myself falling behind which is a first in 6 years. I hate the feeling...anyone else have that happen to them? what did you do to get by. hate the thought of paying 60.00 for a 29 walmart exclusive 2 pack of ss and mudflap or 30.00 for a rts jazz.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

RTS has not even hit market saturation yet. We will se them in stores more coming up because stores are doing resets after the holidays and are starting to get more out including the RTS 2 pack. SO when it comes to RTS do not start to sweat missing the figures yet.

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I feel a bit 'aww' if I can't buy a new figure I really, really want (Generations Wheeljack I'M LOOKING AT YOU) but I certainly don't feel anxious or down about it. I just feel lucky at all of the TFs I've been able to afford up until now. :>

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Here's how I got over any completionism/hoarding I might have had:

[​IMG]

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Good excuse as any. *bleh*

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd not recommend getting anxious over having to have every new release. You'll end up spending more money than you ought to, and you might pick up a whole bunch of toys that you don't even like that much.

I've been there, I'm sure a lot of us have at one time or another. It doesn't do you any favours.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    There are certain figures I get anxious over, but not anywhere near completion-ism. Like Gen. Dirge and RtS Jazz I got a little worried over (took quite some time for me to find Dirge). However I feel no need to get Tracks.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Eh. It's doing me a favor not to be getting every new case that shows up in stores. Kind of pointless of me to go running around buying RtS Jazz and Tracks only to replace them with the United releases once those are out.

I'm holding off until the Hasbro releases I actually want, like Sweeps and a particular non-Wreck-Gar-Junkion-to-be-ridden-as-Wreck-Gar's-bike.

9. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any completionism I had left after the Unicron trilogy was killed off during the first Bay movie. It's a bit refreshing to actually admit that a toy is a piece of crap and that you don't need to buy it just because it exists.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    With a very few exceptions (HA Mudflap and Red Rampage, I'm looking at you) being patient really does pay off. Case in point, I hit Target just a few days ago and saw no less than five RTS Tracks and Jazz toys on the pegs.

Being picky can save you even more cash. Sure, it's cool to have everything that comes out, but passing on that one or two figures you're not so keen on gives you that much more cash to spend later on. That way you're avoiding that pit in your stomach that comes from passing up a cool toy that you can't afford.

I'm the only guy who likes him... XD

11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    this, only i wasnt patient enough to wait so mine may become kitbashing fodder

12. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I have anxiety from not seeing any new toys here in months XD (yeah, no generations, no RTS, just a bit of NEST and HFTD... being HFTD LOADS of Ravages and Jetblade that still are in stores shelfwarming since... long long time ago =/ I feel anxious seeing you all have new figures and here we should wait long enough time... until we must buy them from internet, maybe overpriced and paying double because of aduana (I dunno how to say it in english) xD

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :puke2: :puke: :yuck  If i owned that i'd vomit everyday just looking at it.

Hey you guys are lucky, Canada hasn't gotten any RTS aside from Windcharger and Chopsaw which i have not scene either.

14. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No anxiety. I do get frustrated from time to time when something is out for close to a month or more and I still haven't seen one yet.

15. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Naw, I like him as well. =]

And yeah, as I forgot to say earlier, being a completionist is hard when you're in the UK. The only toy store I have in the area is Toys R Us, and last time I went in all they had was TFA Waspinator and HFTD Seaspray. :( 

16. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to get really crazy at trying to have everything as soon as I could find. I remember tracking down all the Alternators and then the drought that followed. I started getting the KO sets and single figures just to scratch that itch. Then one day I just snapped out of it and "trimmed the fat" off of my collection. Heck I even sold my entire Alternators collection to a fellow board member and turned that cash into Fort Max and some Headmasters :)  Aside from a few movie figures, those are the figures that really killed my "gotta catch 'em all" syndrome, LOL.
    But I am starting to get like that with all the new FP products again...

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Since I don't exactly plan to get every single figure released, I really don't get any anxiety when I'm unable to purchase each new release.

I do, however, feel a bit depressed when a bunch of new figures that I like come out and I don't have the money to get them, therefore putting me behind on getting caught up with all the more recent toys.

18. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

I gave up the desire to be completist a long time ago. However, I do feel anxious when it is uncertain that I might be able to find a figure I really like. I expereinced some anxiety when I couldn't find Masterpiece Grimlock anywhere.

19. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I was an obsessive completest through all of Beast Wars (probably due to it being the first line to come out while I had a job, and I loved being able to afford them without having to rely on parents or Christmas money or whatever).

But, boy, did that toy ever cure me of that.

Then, with my Beast Machines love affair over practically before it began and Car Robots running strong in Japan, I bought my first imports.

Then, when RiD hit and I already owned everything in the line worth owning since I'd imported it, I actually learned how to go shopping at Target or Wal-Mart without taking a look at the toy aisle.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i get somewhat anxious. especially after the Skystalker shortage.
    and even though the mold got panned and reviled by many, the RotF Evac i really wanted but never found made me feel bad for a spell.

but i try to order the things i am pretty sure i will never find locally; the rest i am not obsessed about.

i used to obsess 10-15 years ago. now, i don't and feel better.