Ants in controllers???

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by terry981, Jan 5, 2012.

1. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Any of you ever got this? I decided to play KOF:Orochi Saga on the wii with the classic controller and I realized halfway thru KOF97, I had ants all all over my controller. After hours, they are still coming out.

I remember my friend said he had this for his Wii remote and after hours of killing ants, he decided to remove the remote and realize there was a queen ant. Can't believe I got this too though I haven't removed my controller casing yet. Just curious if any of you ever got something a little bizzare like this?

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    wtf?? gross :X

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Wow, that is bizarre!!! :lol  I've never had anything like that before... just the solidified oils in the controller crevasses from my hands, but that's nothing a toothpick can't take care of. ;) 

4. terry981

Can't even get that darn thing removed because it uses a trigonal like screw and I don't have the tool. I just sprayed the controller with a darn insecticide. Oh well, its only twenty bucks and I don't play my Wii a whole lot. RIP if goes bad.

5. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

How engrossing is that game that you only noticed the infestation halfway through?!

Some species of ants and other insects are drawn to electronic devices. The reasoning isn't entirely clear, but it probably has something to do with electromagnetic fields. Now, other times it could be a matter of more resourceful insects taking advantage of a stable location to make a nest like your friend's remote.

If "hours later" ants are still pouring out of the thing, it's more likely to be a nest than a bunch of ants enjoying a buzz from your controller. Alive, there's the small risk of them shorting out the controller, but now you're going to end up with a controller and a bunch of dead ants sloshing around inside. Kinda gross.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    For the colony!

... but yeah, that's pretty rank, especially since there's likely a nest. I'd probably take it apart outside or something (maybe see if you can makeshift a tool to do this if you can't borrow one?) & set those fuckers loose. Then uhh, clean the remains & then check all of my other shit to make sure they didn't spread.

Insecticide can only do so much, especially without taking care of the bodies.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i'd torch that sucker and throw it in a pit

yuck :p 

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I had ants in my printer a few months ago because my dad kept splattering ramen sauce on it. Maybe you had food crumbs fall down the button holes?

9. terry981

@Chosen

Well, it didn't come out at first and I was kicking butt in the game! Power Geyser!!!!! I kept getting only one or two on my arm every now and then until it bothered me to a point where I finally looked and they were all over my controller. Quickly paused and then I was at the bathroom for Lord knows how long.

Yeah, probably had food residue or stuff on my controller. Don't know if the controller works or not now, but earlier I tested it and it did until more ants came out and I started to insecticide it again. I left it in the bathroom and seems pretty clear now especially a few big ones did come out. Oh well, I need to get the Capcom vs Tatsunoko stick so I guess its a sign.

So Hot Shot, is your printer okay now? Or you got a new one?