Antihero

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 19, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Who do you think is the anti-hero of Animated?
    I think the Constructicons or BlackArachnia

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Constructicons are not anti-heroes. Most cybertrons believe organics and humans to be lower forms of life. They referred to Sari and Sumdac as 'pets' with little to no 'molding of attitude' which probably shows that Prime and his crew are unique in their attitudes. Remember, g1 Autobots only 'liked' humans from prime's example and education.

So as a generic cybertronian who sees organic life on earth as below you, there is a good chance falling in with Megatron is much more natural than chaining the default attitude to feel what the autobots have 'learned' through experience.

BA at least seems to have some experience and appreciation for Organics. She appears to treat Sari with at least a little more acknowledgement that the rest of the cons do.

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

As I recall when the Autobot's first saw Sari, Bumblebee and Bulkhead thought she was a pet too.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think any of them are Anti-heroes because they're not the main characters. Anti-heroes are usually when a badguy goes good or a badguy's story. (i.e., Blade, Spawn, those types of guys)

5. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Yeah, there haven't really been any yet, but I can see BA being one.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Currently BA is the closest to the criteria. She's no good guy, but she's basically out for herself with no apparent interest in Megatron's agenda. It's only her own baggage/trauma/bitterness and intent to purge her organic half that put her on the Decepticon side for the most part anyway.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s probably a matter pf time until she becomes a fully fledged anti heroine.

8. Atin

Atin Well-Known Member

Ratchet!

9. Soundwave1

Soundwave1 Soundwave Fan

I have a very good feeling Blackarachnia will become good because she started out good (as Elita-1) and at the end of episode 9 (Along came a Spider) she is seen crying.

10. thekryle

thekryle Well-Known Member

I'm going to say Megatron. At least in this particular fight they seem to be fighting for freedom. As far as we know they are repressed as the decpticons say they are. And with the way Sentinel and Magnus go around, I have no problem believing it's true.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Powell.

He's mean but for a good reason: money!

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you've got to guess who the anti-hero is based on no obvious statement that there is one, then you're probably just assuming there is one when there isn't. And while there may be one or two characters who may become anti-heroes (like Blackarachnia, as has been suggested), I'm pretty sure there aren't any already.

Basically an anti-hero is usually a good guy who uses bad guy methods to achieve his ends. Guys like the Punisher, who'll terminate criminals with no compunction, but always try to avoid civilian casualties.

If Grimlock were more like his G1 self (particularly comic self), I'd suggest him, but the Animated version doesn't have the 'edge'.