Anticipation of the 3 movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rodihide, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

Which movie out of the trilogy did you have more anticipation on. Me Dark of the Moon. What you think

2. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「私は眠い」

News Credits:
    The first.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    My "anticipation" was extremely high for all movies, but I'd probably rank them as such.

1.) Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    2.) Transformers: Dark of the Moon
    3.) Transformers

I was pretty excited when I heard about the first film, but I was unsure of what to expect. The first movie probably boosted my enthusiasm for the franchise by 50% alone. So you can guess my anticipation for RotF was only 10X that of the first film, and of course, I was severely let down. :(  I was still uberly excited about DotM, but RotF's "issues" made me a tad uneasy, so I went in with some skepticism, but DotM was what redeemed RotF (to an extent) for me. Every trailer for DotM got my hopes up higher and higher, which meant that a potential fall would only be that much greater.

And you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be watching with anticipation with every rumour or news article pertaining to TF4. :D  My anticipation for TF4 will probably be the highest if they announce that Bay isn't directing, if only to see the reactions of the fans. :lol 

4. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

1. DOTM

2. TF07/ROTF

What? :confused2 

5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    DOTM.
    Somehow, I say myself that ROTF need to take, as is, do not wait and get used to it then, but this did not happen with DOTM. I was waiting for it very much (ROTF showed that what Transformers mean for me!), very much believed and therefore was extremely happy after the first viewing.

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that, all in all, I actually anticipated ROTF the most. Reason being, I loved the first film. I was very satisfied, as a Transformers fan, with the way it turned out. Prime’s last speech opened the door to so many possibilities. As a result, my excitement for ROTF was through the roof. Of course, I was much more laid-back with DOTM, mainly because of ROTF’s shortcomings, but also because it was the third film in a franchise that I already knew like the back of my hand.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I wasn't a TF fan when the trailers for the first one was being shown, but I loved the concept, I saw the movie on opening night and was blown away, that's what got me into the TF fandom.

Then RotF, HOLY SHIT DEVASTATOR! LOOKS AWESOME111!!!!

DotM: The first movie didn't have money, the second one didn't have time, this one has no excuses, it HAS to be awesome. WOAMGHFUJJIST!

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I was really excited for ROTF, because of how good the first one was. I couldn't believe myself, thinking, "This is it! This is it! This is it!" While I was blown away by the action and badassedness, eventually I accepted that was a crappy film.

Come DOTM I was more relaxed. I felt like a war veteran, since I knew this franchise well. I felt like I was one of the Autobots in the NEST base when they were talking about Optimus' bad mood, who already had seen this kind of thing before. So I was cool-headed going into the film, but I still was whispering to myself as the Paramount logo rolled, "This is it." But I was very pleasantly surprised by the strongest of the three films.

9. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    The first. I was all over the web looking for info and screenshots months before anything had really surfaced. Once things started to get leaked I lost a little enthusiasm, but still enjoyed the film.

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; ah i remember my high anticipation for ROTF, after i saw the scene with Starscream running away i knew there was going to be a sequel, i checked EVERY Tf site for news on the sequel. every time a set video/pictures were shown i watched them all. i even read the Comic adaptation cause i wanted to know what was going to happen, even when toys were shown my anticipation got higher and higher. i even felt how fast my heart was going when i went to see the movie (it was going Way more faster, wtih dotm my heart was still going fast, but not as fast it did when i saw ROTF)

2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon; Since this was meant to be the final movie, i tried to keep my anticipation low and not check to many set videos and Spoil the entire movie by reading the adaptations. but i was still excited since this was meant to be the "Final" battle

3. Transformers; Never knew of Transformers back then, so i wasnt really excited when i learned of this movie

if more sequels are made they will be lower on my anticipation cause i want DOTM to be the END of the movieverse

11. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    1.) Revenge of the Fallen
    1 and a half.) Dark of the Moon

(they were verrry close. but ROTF was the newest, and i was suprised
    they were making a sequel when i saw the tv spot, i was so excited. like,
    i wasnt looking up anything online or anything cause it was unexpected. then i saw
    tv spots, and i was like WOW that looks really different unique and cool :)  UNIQUE is what makes something special to me. Different.

12. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

My anticipation for the first film was extremely high. I was all "hell yeah!" Finally live action TFs! And it was magical. The second film I didn't get to see until it hit DVD, mainly because I was going thru some deep personal drama and nonsense when it came out, and I wasn't thinking about anything but getting out of that drama hole. The 3rd film I was very very anxious and excited and desperate to see it in 3D. Definitely loved all 3 movies!

13. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first. Until they showed pictures of Prime and Megatron's heads.
    My anticipation went downhill from there :D 

14. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    yeah same here. my favorite is DOTM and ROTF. im not sure which one i like better...theyre so different yet the same...lol idk...

15. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

listed in order:
    REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
    DARK OF THE MOON (DOTM AND ROTF WERE ABOUT THE SAME)
    TF1

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I would have to say Revenge of the Fallen was my most anticipated.

I became a fan of TFs after seeing the first movie, and I was really excited about seeing the second one because I loved the first so much.

Dark of the Moon.... I was cautiously optimistic, but not hopeful, given ROTF. Then I read spoilers and any excitement I managed to have for it curled up and died. Then I saw the movie and was kind of glad my excitement died before viewing it because it wouldn't have lived up to the "better than ROTF" hype for me. There were a few awesome scenes, but the movie suffered from the same flaws ROTF did and has less of a rewatch factor.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to say Revenge of the Fallen.

I've never been a fan of Micheal Bay films so my expectations were pretty low for the first film.

While the first film had it's flaws and things I didn't like my expectations were higher for Revenge of the Fallen because I figured the production team had some experience to see what works or doesn't work.

After the let down of Revenge of the Fallen my expectations were at rock bottom for Dark of the Moon. Instead of excited I felt like it was chore I had to do as part of being a fan.

19. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    1) DOTM- Let's just say I was scary obsessed with DOTM news.
    2) ROTF- Didn't know about Transformers that much. Seemed pretty cool. Ended up loving it.
    3) TF1- Didn't see it until 2009.

20. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Strangely enough, the rewatch factor is very high for ROTF for me, more so than TF1 or DOTM, so I guess u could say ROTF is my fave of the 3. I guess that's how I'm going to rate them! LOL