Anticipating the TF3 toyline.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblethumper, Jul 13, 2010.

1. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I meant Superion bec. of the rumored Silverbolt who is an Aerialbot. If TF2 had Devastator, I am guessing they will do at least one more combiner for TF3 such as Menasor and/or Superion. My impression is that the jumbo Devastator sold well. I gave one as a gift to my friend and her children were already asking for it before I gave the gift. I was able to buy a cheap jumbo Devastator at Costco.

2. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They have milked the voyage Ratchet and Ironhide (especially Ironhide) molds for the last two movies... these better get new ones.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Better not before we get a red Ironhide though.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we'll see the trailer in some form, and should it accompany the leader class, we'll get an entirely new Prime mold. Leader Megatron is given, hopefully an acceptable one this time, and I honestly don't see the need for a new Starscream. A redeco of the Voyager and even Leader would suffice. Shockwave I'd expect, if he'll be as prominent as rumored, to get a Leader class. Soundwave, Ratchet, and Ironhide should all get new Voyager molds, and I wouldn't mind at all if Bee, Sideswipe, and the Twins are all retools of their most recent molds. That said we'll probably get at least one new Bee mold. The Ferarri will obviously get a Deluxe, and if the Nascars are Cons then they as well. If Ultra Magnus is included, I'd expect him as the fourth Leader Class.

5. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Let's see...

For the leaders- Optimus Prime (retool is most likely), Megatron (new mold), and Shockwave, with a tat-less Starscream for the obligatory repaint.

Voyagers- Ratchet (hoping for a new mold, although more likely a repaint), Ironhide (same), Silverbolt (new mold), Soundwave (new mold)

Deluxe- 20 different Bumblebees (none of which I will buy), Ferrodimus (new mold), Sideswipe (most likely a minor retool, or a simple redeco; there will be much gnashing of teeth), "Stunticons" (single new mold), SUVcon (new mold)

Those are the definites I see.

6. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So will HFTD run paralell to CHUG and PCC?

People are calling PCC a subline, but now without the movie line which line is the main line?

Anyways I hope we get more random Scouts and Legends, larger classes are great but the scouts have been where it's at for ROTF.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I dunno, I think the new Deluxe Ironhide and Ratchet molds will suffice for me. Though I would like a retool of the deluxe Ratchet mold with a more accurate altmode.

I'm really enjoying the smaller scale autobot lineup that they've started. Maybe for TF3 they can do a couple scouts to add to it as well. A scout class Bumblebee would not go amiss.

As much as I've enjoyed all the off-screen ROTF scout class figures, I wonder if they'll do as many for TF3. I wouldn't like the whole scout line to get junked up with screen characters that have already been done in other classes, but there'll probably be some that are well suited to that size. Still don't get why they didn't do the ROTF Arcee bikes at scout class rather than deluxe. $$, I guess.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You confuse me. It already IS.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far the only TF3 toy I really want is Shockwave.

I will probably get that Lowes stealth car for my brother-in-law. He is a store manager of a Lowes store in Alabama. He has a collection of the Jimmy Johnson cars.

10. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I could definitely get behind that. A voyager Soundwave would be very welcome. Hope they haven't left him out of the movie(I dunno, is he confirmed?). I don't really need an earthmode for him, I'd just like a more elaborate version of the satellite with one or two actual transforming minions.

Do you think the "Stunticons" will have to share the one deluxe mold between the three of them? Their battle modes are all quite different. Ideally I'd like to see them each getting a deluxe, but there's already so many cars this time around.

11. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I could really go for a deluxe of this:

[​IMG]

not confirmed as a bot yet, but definitely seems more interesting than the blue Mercedes.