Anthony Anderson Interview at BlackFilm.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Deefuzz, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BlackFilm.com has posted up a video clip of an interview with Transformers Movie star, Anthony Anderson. The interview covers much about Anthony's character, Glenn, in the Transformers Movie.

To view the video, head on over to BlackFilm.com by clicking here.

2. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Damn man, you're all about finding the newsings today aren't you? Mad props to Deefuzz!

Kinda felt like they ended the interview in midsentence. But good nontheless. For as much flack as this movie gets from G1ers, everyone seems genuine about liking it from the inside, and not in that 'they paid me so i gotta act this way' kinda way.

3. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

yea, not to excited about his character, just seems like it'll take up screen time, and for what purpose? maybe it'll play a pretty big role in the movie, his character, but it just seems like film fluff to me, but hey, i could be wrong, here's hoping that part of the story isn't a waste of time

4. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I think it's cool that Anderson's a fan of Transformers and found his way on the movie somehow. I definitely can't hate on that. Plus he's rocking redskins paraphanelia, that's always a plus in my book :) 

Yeah they did cut the interview a bit short, he probably slipped up and dropped a big spoiler or something lol.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be Anthony Anderson’s character fluff or not, know this: he’ll make you laugh! He’s a very funny guy. I’m glad he was able to make his mark on the film. Way to go Mr. Anderson.

Transformed

6. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on his character's role in the early script & novelization, Mr. Anderson should be farkin hilarious and much needed with the dry, straight-laced characters he will be interacting with.

Should be a good chemistry with the cast as we have 3 sets of characters' stories that intertwine, the hackers/gov set seems to be the most boring, but with A.Anderson it should at least get a few out loud chuckles.

7. Wheelchairninja

Wheelchairninja Well-Known Member

They need an interpreter! Cool! I wonder if the rumors about how the learn English are true.

8. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

that's the problem, its a transformers movie, i don't want to laugh, if they try to be funny, it'll probably just piss me off cuz then there not taking this as seriously as they could be. that's the one thing i know i will hate about this movie, all the one liners and "funny" things that they might put in the film. the scene where the autobots try to hide will probably be the only thing i might think is actually funny, but even that might be to much. indiana jones is great entertainment, but is it funny? no. star wars is great entertainment, but is it funny? no. aliens is great entertainment, but is it funny? no. and transformers can be in the same league as those movies, even above those, but with stuff like this, it just won't measure up in my books. but atleast the robot action will be CRAZY! that's the only reason why i'm seeing this movie. but i'm not trying to bring anyone down or bash the movie, i'm just saying it's upsetting to see those kinds of things make there way into this movie for me, and i don't think i'm alone on this either, but maybe i am

o and it's nice to actually see that anderson is actually a fan and he fought to get this part, that's always cool when an actor actually wants to be in this cuz it was something he grew up with

9. chandler55

chandler55 Member

bill paxton was funny in aliens

star wars had some one liners and indiana jones as well

10. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

The best part of Indiana Jones was that it didn't take itself too seriously - same with Star Wars. I don't see any humor that may be present in TF being any different than either of those two.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, Indiana Jones was a really funny movie!

11. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indiana Jones could be my favorite movie. One reason for that is the humor in it is just as strong as the action and drama.

12. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Great to hear a fan got to be part of his childhood memories.

Really cute story with his son and him on the set.

13. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You HAVE to have humor in a film like this. And for the masses, this film cannot take itself to serious. We are the only ones that take this stuff serious... and even some of us need to chill, relax and go do something else fun that isn't transformer related.:stick: 

Regardless,
    -Where would Star Wars be without the antics of C3PO & R2D2 ?
    -Where would Lord of the Rings be without Merry & Pippen's hilarious antics?

A great movie has balance of all aspects, action, serious suspense, humor, sadness, etc.

AND we are talking about Michael Bay. Despite all the hate, films like Bad Boys & Armageddon all had an excellent balance of emotional aspects; I expect Transformers to be as well.

14. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Hey there, they're not gay.... they're just binary curious.

16. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Do you want all the "Leaking Lubricants" and "hexagonal nuts" comments edited out of the G1 'toon (and many more besides)?
    And the INDIANA JONES trilogy is packed with humour, bordering on slapstick. It is in fact a signiture of the series.

TRANSFORMERS is populated with many diverse characters - Many are major sources of 'humour'. Why shouldn't the film continue that?

17. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. There were many Han Solo lines in Star Wars that were hilarious, same with Indian Jones. Now if it's outright slap stick or just plain silly it can detract from a movie (ie. Jar Jar Binks), but I think having nice funny and witty lines lightly sprinkled in a movie is great. It mimmicks real life. I think it's very important to take the material seriously which they seem to be doing, but not every single solitary thing throughout the film should be drop dead serious IMHO. Or you risk boring the audience.

18. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anthony Anderson and Bernie Mac in the same movie. Turd.

19. Tman978

Tman978 Really CHILL!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm just watching this vid. Cool, so he's the new Chip Chase so to speak.

20. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

they seem to be inter-species aswell, as they seemed to like being rubbed down by luke quite a lot!!!

:lolol