Minor/Repaint: Another Voyager Megatron De-ice/repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PurdueAV2003, Oct 3, 2007.

1. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    Well, this is my first attempt at a kitbash/repaint. I hated both the leader and voyager paint schemes, so I thought he was due some respect. The voyager seemed to be a more accurate mold, thus I chose it. I wanted to go with a real worn look since he had been traveling at high speeds through space for thousands of year and then was trapped in an iceberg for thousands more. I've seen what a few years of dirt and wear can do to a real aircraft's finish, I could only imagine how dirty and worn thousands of years could do!

The wings and vertical stabilizers were the hardest part. I used gap filler to smooth out the "ice" on the wings and stabs and sanded them smooth. I then used a Dremel to trim off the excess "ice". The vertical stabs were particularly difficult since they are made out of a soft plastic or rubber. The filler would crack if they flexed, so I had to be very careful when sanding and trimming.

For my own touch, I decided to make the chest piece smooth. I plan on making a Decepticon symbol decal to place in the center. It is a bit of an homage to G1 Megs.

Let the opinions fly! :D 

Picture Gallery Here!

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the paint job, just as described, But I am not feeling the chest piece I would dremel that off and use some sculpt to fill in a design of some sort. But if your going to do the decepticon symbol then that might be cool. Overall you did a great job.

3. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I don't like the chest piece, but everything else looks fine.

4. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The rest of it looks fine, except for that chest piece. Carve it up and do something, because it seems so weird with all the detail on megs, then in the middle there's this flat piece that reminds me of a bent cookie sheet for some reason.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    just axe the chest peice. add some filler into the crack underneath (on the actual figure)

6. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    i can't see it

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice but the chest piece has got to go.

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Ditto the chest piece, but I like the beatup-ed-ness that you gave him. Even if you stuck a big 'ol Con insignia on the chest, it just wouldn't go with the whole movie genre. But either way, post it when your done!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Voyager Megs? I wish I could see it. (Will have to wait a bit)

Leader Megs is great, but over done as far as the amount of repaints go. I would love to see his custom. (Even though I despise Voyager Megs)