Another Unexpected "Sighting" of Transformers Music

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sidecutter, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was watching the World Series of Pop Culture tonight (don't ask why, I can't explain any reason for watching it, it's kind of dull), and as the losing team was leaving/during their interview, some stuff was rotating as background music. One of the pieces sounded VERY familiar, just a simple drumbeat.

So I broke out my 1986 Movie soundtrack CD and checked.

It was indeed the opening drumbeat rhythm of the movie theme! Just the first 9 or ten notes off the drums. "Bah-bah bah-bah-bah (pause) (half-hit, semi-pause)-bah-bah-bah-bah". Pardon my lack of any technical terms there.

Whether this was used on purpose ( would sort of make sense of them to be listing music bits from various sources of pop-culture), or was just some random background music they had made up (copied intentionally, or just because it was in the back of someone's mind, I don't know), it was still rather unexpected.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the TF movie theme is not the only song to use that bit.

3. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It's a fairly simple, and I imagine, quite common beat that could well be the intro to a hundred different songs of many different genres....

I love your phonetic description, I may start instructing my drummer how to play correctly, using this method. He could do with it:drunk 

4. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some other songs that have the *exact* same timing and all the other qualities of the movie theme's drumbeat then, with zero variance. I can certainly see that there would be *similar* occurences throughout music, but an exact match, note for note? Seems a bit less likely.

5. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    I hope there is another album for the movie made. It would be good to hear all of the themes that were given in the movie. Also the variant of Bay's favorite theme he likes to us in all of his movies.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Was it just the drum beat? Or did it have the guitar fingertapping rising in the background of it? The drum beat is only very short before the guitars fade in.

I'm not saying that it wasn't the start of the Transformers theme, coz it could have been, it's just that I think it'd be hard to be certain of it from a 5 second drum beat.

Of course, if it had the guitars in it too, then that would be a definite ID

7. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Everything they had was cut apart. Not one piece of the music was actually complete with all the instruments included.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    :lol 

In drummer language it would be Doo GAH doo doo GAH doo GAH do GAH heh heh heh;) 

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

The beginning of the '86 movie theme also resembles the beginning of "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister.