Customs: Another topic about possible arms for Alt Rumble

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Apr 16, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't taken mine apart to check the space available but it looks like, to me, that Rumble suffers from a gimmick that isn't neccesary.

If the pile drivers were able to move up and down (preferrably by rotating the wheel that is right along side the pile drivers) then I could see having this gimmick.

I think that they should have had the wheels become the bottoms of the pile drivers and have arms swing out from the area the pile driver post are. They wouldn't be very large arms but it would have a hand and then the wheel (which would be attached to the forearm) would flip down over the hand.

I don't have time to start another kitbash at this time (still working on E Bruticus and others) but I think it could be done.

The hardest part would be making the bottom plate, hinge up, for the arm to swing out. The elbow joint would be the pivot for the forearm and would be in the area of the pile driver head.

I thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone else agrees with me and might give it a try. later

2. manyoufactsure

I guess no one agrees or has any other comments about it but I say it can be done.

I did take apart one shoulder to look. The slide track for the shoulder joint is in two pieces. It could be glued but it would also need support (where the small screw is) because you would have to remove that post for the arm to swing out. The piece that is installed as the pivot for the elbow joint could support that corner of the shoulder track.

The arm wouldn't be any wider that the pile driver post, except for the amount of space the wheel well back would give (1/16), unless you used the cover panel as part of the arm. It would give it some bulk and could fold around it a little.

The wheel could pivot into position, for the pile driver head, simular to C Scrapmetals piledriver does except it would be a hand on the other side of it.
    Or it could be a seperate piece.

Please, someone with more skill and more time, try to do this.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I saw your post earlier, but I've been quite a bit sick and was unable to post (I've done well to check the boards and such today).

Anyways, I'm still brainstorming myself a bit to do an arm mod to the Civic mold. I'd love to see an arm kit or something spring up (no pun intended) from someone willing to repro parts and such. I'm hoping to come up with something myself sometime down the road. For now, if I could just get back to my table to make some customs here soon, I'd be happy :) 

I can't wait to see what you come up with MYFS! ;) 

4. manyoufactsure

If I take time to mess with Rumble, then thats less time for E Bruticus. I was going to stop for some paint today, on the way to class, but the foot of snow that fell today messed that up. I was mixing paint for Onslaught, on sunday, but it came out too dark and I need more blue to start over. I am also going to get some olive drab for Blast Off.

I will eventually get to Rumble. He will be my first Alternator to be bashed.
    (but you might not like it Superquad7, I think RIB and I heard recently that you don't. Sorry)

Hope you feel better. I'm coming down with a cold too.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, thanks for the get well wishes. Being ill has put me being behind on top of being behind. *sigh*

Yes, I think RiR, FiB and so did Hasbro when they made the toys. Sunblow just got their wires (and many other fans') wires crossed, but at least they were consistent with it. Don't be sorry; I'm not :lol  :poke 

Anyways, you're doing so well with your E-combiners. I found my niche with Alts, and sometimes when you have a good thing going, you should keep it up! That's definately applicable in your case with the E-customs ;)  I'm the same way with Classics customs. I've some good ideas, but they'd take me away from my Alts.