Another Sci-fi movie for Bay?? (With a little help from DreamWorks)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lt.col. alexander powers, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

Well, not so Transformers movie related, but more Bay related…
    Reported exclusively on www.tmz.com (yep, I know, a very reliable news source):
    I've added a few remarks of my own:

"We just got the news that sci-fi author Whitley Strieber's forthcoming novel, "2012: The War for Souls" may be a Michael Bay-produced (and possibly directed) film at Warner Bros. Pictures.

Apparently, 2012 will be a big year for planet Earth, at least according to many folk traditions: 2012 is supposedly to be a year of either great spiritual transformation -- or apocalypse.

The Mayan calendar held that it would be a time when the existing world order would be reversed. Nostradamus forecasted that a rather large comet would rudely arrive on Earth's doorstep no later than 2012 (they might want to look again; maybe it's not a comet but the Allspark??).

The Roman Catholic Saint Malachy predicted that in 2012, the last Pope would arrive, triggering Judgment Day. And in both "The X Files" and amongst certain UFO theorists, 2012 is the year aliens invade Earth (they've already invaded earth!!! They’re currently held frozen in a secret facility under the Hoover Dam!!!).

Even regular, non-nutty scientists also speculate that in 2012 a polar reversal will take place on earth (that Megs crushing in the arctic really made a mess heheheh), and that once the earth starts rotating in the opposite direction, natural disasters of unknown proportions may occur((it already started when Bay made Ops as a long-nose truck).

There's certainly no shortage of books about the pivotal year. And while Amazon.com offers no penetrating insights into what the Streiber novel's about (other than it's 336 pages) we're comfortable guessing it's a super-natural thriller with cataclysmic overtones. Just take your pick from the above.

Insiders tell TMZ that DreamWorks based producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci of Kurtzman/Orci are producing. They're guys who cut their teeth on cheesy TV cult classics like "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" and "Xena: Warrior Princess," but who are now writing a new "Star Trek" film script for powerhouse film director J.J. Abrams, and may write the "2012" script, too.

Bay's Platinum Dunes production company recently embarked on a remake of "The Birds" at Universal and released a remake of "The Hitcher" earlier this year .( So, when they'll have the time to make the TF movie sequels??)"

Original link here: http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/15/2012-michael-bay-on-soul-patrol/

2. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Yeah, this has nothing to do with Transformers or the movie.

3. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Well-Known Member

Agreed this thread should either be locked or moved to a more appropiate forum...

4. Lt.col. alexander powers

Lt.col. alexander powers threat level Gamma

Guess u r rght, MODs move it to the general board plz…
    Sorry :dunce 

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Done and done.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I just want to thank you for putting some nice spoilers in your unneeded smart ass comments in the body of the text.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Since when do scientists think the poles will reverse in 2012?

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I feel bad saying this, but I have to admit that my kneejerk reaction is "absolute trash."

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep.

Just spoiled some things in the movie for me.

Jerk. :cry 

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I like the fact that this is a movie that won't be coming out for several years at the least and you guys are pissing your pants about spoilers. Wow.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The TF movie comes out in July. DUDE. CAN YOU TRAVEL TIME?!

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I thought y'all were crappin' your pants about that 2012 film.

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

No, I wasn't thrilled about the spoilers he put in about the TF movie. I've been avoiding the movie forum on purpose trying to not get spoiled.