Another review, this one much less positive

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by evebird, Jun 26, 2007.

1. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Yay! The haters finally have something to print out, pin on their walls and carry in their wallets!

Hardly "ouch" though.
    Every single criticism being blown up here has been cited by other reviewers and said to be minor compared to the spectacle. Add to that, the way he talks about vehicle changes and flames on PRIME, he comes across as one of the "hater from the start" types (and not a Bay fan either!). He then declares it's great for 10 - 14 year olds (a stated target audience) and that "Transformers was never going to be deep". Make yer mind up son!

Anyway, I knew for 100% certain TF would get bad reviews at some point. Won't hamper my enthusiasm one jot.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ah. much better.

4. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Plant... oh, wait... um, true fan?

5. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Yeah to me he just comes off as somebody who was negative about it from the start(which he makes plainly obvious at the beginning of the review), then expected it to be "The Godfather" just so they could justify their original attitude towards it.

It's supposed to be a fairly "brainless" and fun blockbuster summer movie popcorn flick. I would expect no less.

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

This guy's got it all wrong about the intent of Transformers. They definitely appeared to be molding the movie in a 'Back to the Future' and 'ET' light. I think the fact that they injected humor in it is a good thing. Why do people have to die for it to be a good movie?

I guess there's always going to be a few people that can't be pleased.

7. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Meh, its a typical "critic" review if you ask me. They all seem to expect every movie they ever go to to be an arthouse masterpiece, and rip it to shreds if is isn't.

If you go to Transformers expecting to see Schlindler list, then yes, you will be dissapointed.

If you went to Schindlers List expecting to see big explosions and special effects then you were probably dissapointed then, too.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

...ah yes i remember clearly how credible the cartoon was.

9. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That review reads more like a rant.

10. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Precisely.

I bet he deducted one star just for Prime not being flat-nosed red truck with blue chassis. Based on the rest of his review, where he continuously points out how things were better in the cartoon, it sounds like anything short of the cartoon itself would have been met with the same review. IMO, anyone who expects Shindler's List out of a film that's supposed to retain the heart & soul of the G1 cartoon doesn't have their head on straight.

11. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anybody else get the feeling that review was written long before the guy ever saw the film?

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Uh-huh. I suppose he must have blinked when Blackout massacred an entire army base then.
    Nothing is more amusing than watching a pseudo-intellectual twat review an action movie.

13. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Yeah, especially with this line:

14. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

I agree, their is a difference between a critic and a extremeist<<<If I even spelled that right.

Anyways Yea I deffinantley expected their to be some bad things to say, and yes it wont hamper my veiw on the movie because i know exactly what Im going to see. "GIANT F^&*ING ROBOTS"

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, he makes it very clear that he wasn't going to like it. He even says that the movie was entertaining! I don't know...I think the guy just wanted to make a huff!

16. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Stories like this are not credible to me because of the stance it is written from. We know that lots of G1 purists will find reasons to hate the movie purely because they are upset of the design changes. Those aren't really "movie" reviews, but "design" reviews, which mean absolutely NOTHING as far as the movie itself is concerned. Most people that see this won't care if prime has a different paintjob. They won't care if Bumblebee is not a bug. Geewunner reviews are worthless. Now, get a non geewunner to give a negative review of the MOVIE and less a .. "I dont like this because Bay ruined my childhood jollie man-barbie dolls," then it would be worth something.

17. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

:lol 

You get a QFT from me man.

18. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

I lol'd.

What a short crappy review, he was so vague he could have watched one trailer and wrote the damn thing.

I'll take my crappy characters and comic relief black guy over talking anyday. I read books for good dialogue, and watch movies for shit blowing up.

19. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

From the very same website:

I'm guessing this Clint Morris fella and Mark "G1-or-Suck" Bennett don't get along too well :p 

20. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we arent going to get credible reviews from this fandom. I just watched around 4 reviews, and every one of them was bad with the biggest complaint that it is different from G1. They call that a movie review? Morons. So what if they are different from G1? Cybertron was different from G1! Energon was different from G1! Give me a freaking break and get a life. Where are the MOVIE reviews rather than childish "they didnt do it like i want" rants?