Another rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Another stupid rant about Bumblebee and Optimus

Originally I was gonna post this on the thread with the new Deluxe Prime Wave 3 pics, but I wanted to be sure I get replies about this.

Although the sacrifice of guaranteed replies is part of the replies being a sarcastic tone saying "Not another one."

Anyway, I just wanted to talk this out since I haven't really talked about it.
    Oh, and also it's sorta a new topic in a way since every wave is crammed with Bees.

Every time I go to any store, it's barely any Cyberverse, one Cliffjumper, two Wheeljacks and literally about 6-20 Bumblebees.
    And as for Voyagers... About 10 Primes and a limit of 2 Megatrons.

Now, to the primary point of this thread...

WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH YOU, HASBRO!?!?!?

Why is there always 4x Bumblebee and 1x Soundwave?! What is their problem with cutting back on Bumblebee? And what is their problem with cutting him from at least a few of the waves? Seriously, (switches to ranting about Optimus being everywhere) in Voyager wave 3, they could fit in Starscream if they kicked out Optimus.

Sure, there are kids who just learn about the show and want the kid-friendly character right off the bat blah, blah, blah... but seriously, if there was only 2x of Bumblebee a kid could still easily get a hold of a Bumblebee.

And yes, I'm embarrassed to be the most recent one to make another freaking rant about Bumblebee, but it's better than letting it fester and boil inside of me until I bust down a wall.

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Would you actually believe that pretty much every RID Bumblebee in my area is sold out? Seriously for once he isn't shelf-warming, Wheeljack and Cliffjumper are.

Granted, their distribution still sucks and now trying to find any TF Prime toy is a major pain in the ass but what will you do? What's past is past.

3. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see at a local wal-mart that there was a good variety of everything. I saw an evenly distributed amount of 'Bee's, Wheeljack's, Cliffjumper's, and a couple of Soundwave's, and even Ratchet's and Arcee's. It was really cool. There maybe 5 voyager Prime's and 3 Megatron's. Even the Target's around here have been pretty evenly distributed as far as selection of characters.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That must be nice. For me it's Beehicon city.

5. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    No, I do not believe it. @_@

Seriously........... wtf

You are so lucky.

Here, the only legions I ever see is Bumblebee, the only Commanders I ever see is a few Megatrons and tons of Primes, I got lucky with Bulkhead and Starscream when I came twice in a row right after shipments.

Last time I went to Wal-Mart I did see the distribution was getting better, but there were still tons of Bumblebees. I saw two Arcees and a Ratchet, but I already have those.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, when I went into Target today they had a nice even distribution of every character released so far. TRU on the other hand, not so much.

7. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

This reminds me, I should probably go out and see if Target, Walmart, and TRU actually restocked their TF Prime supply yet, wave 2 still hasn't hit shelves in my area. Then again, they take forever to restock. Anyways.....

I wasn't kidding about Bumblebee being sold out, all I found at Target for example was a single Cliffjumper and Wheeljack along with two voyager Primes. That's it, no cyberverse, just those four figures.

8. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Oh, joy.
    Another bb shelfwarming thread.
    Only thing worse than shelfwarming bb's,
    is new threads about shelfwarming bb's.
    Move on already.
    Nothing you can do about it.
    If you want to rant, add your voice to one of the other threads.
    We really don't need to keep bringing this up again.
    And again.
    And again.

:deadhorse: 

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    At my Wal-Mart, the deluxes are selling pretty well, the voyagers a little less so. DotM crap is just collecting dust and taking up space.

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Maybe read the thread before you assume it's your average Bumblebee thread.

11. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Here Delux Megatron is keeping the pegs warm

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Bumblebee threads are Forumwarmers.

14. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Locally distribution for Hasbro products at the local Wal-Mart seems down right horrible.

If you are lucky you might find someone other than Bumblebee in the deluxe class figures. But you have to be quick or the non-Bumblebee figures will be gone. Felt insanely lucky to have picked up Soundwave since he seems to be the first figure to go at restock.

Cyberverse hasn't been restocked in a while so it's getting down to several legion sized Bumblebee figures about one each of a few other characters. The only commander sized figures are three Prime figures left over from Dark of the Moon because the local Wal-Mart hasn't stocked any commander sized figures since Dark of the Moon.

But it's still better than GI Joe. The local Wal-Mart has several pegs for GI Joe but since they sold out of the wave they ordered in about week they haven't stocked any more GI Joe figures.

With the Avengers section turning into the place where they dump left over Thor and America toys you'd almost think Wal-Mart doesn't like Hasbro anymore.

16. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Well, I do have all of RID Wave 1 and Wave 2 except Bumblebee (I have FE). I was just saying, since it's really crazy that they have mountains of Bees and nothing else, they'll be too busy waiting for Bumblebee to slowly drain out to order Wave 3.
    I'm especially pissed that Hasbro is trying to force us to buy Bumblebee.

17. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I don't really see what you hope to accomplish with this post. If you just wanted to discuss how you felt about it, you could have picked any of the 1000 threads already on the topic to add to. If you hoped to alert the transformers-buying public about this grave injustice, they already know. If you hoped to get Hasbro's attention, I promise you they aren't reading, they don't care. They have access to research and metrics that say what they are doing is the correct business decision. Regardless of whether that is actually a fact, it is what they have decided is true, so that is what they are doing. An impotent ragepost on a message board changes none of that.

Oh, you just wanted attention for yourself? Well mission accomplished I guess.

Pro tip: Whenever a thread title has the word "rant" in it, prepare to roll your eyes.

18. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I know this is a common complaint but the odd thing is at least with the Prime line. I don't see a lot of Bumblebees left on the shelf right now. I see way more Wheeljacks and Cliffjumpers lately. So someone is buying them.

The DOTM line is a totally different story.

19. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Bumblebee seems to be the predominant shelf warmer in these parts, followed (somewhat surprisingly) by Wheeljack and not Cliffjumper. As for this being another rant about bumblebee thread, I have to say that personally I never get tired of reading them. Not sarcasm.
    While I am by no means a fan of the Bayverse line and aesthetic, it is disconcerting and frustrating to see Hasbro repeating at least one major mistake that killed the DOTM line dead right out of the gate, and which I fear will kill the PRID line off as well before we get several key/cool characters. So while I generally do not enjoy pissing and moaning, when it comes to this topic I say, bitch away!!! Can't hurt anything and may actually do some good on the off chance that somebody at Hasbro ever reads this crap.

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yeah WJ and CJ are swarming like angry bees(EDIT: no pun intended) at my TRU and target. however walmart still has a lot of movie bees and HA leadfoots to sell.