Another Prototype....So they claim

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by megamus, Nov 17, 2009.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Here we go again. Another prototype that looks like was dipped in striping solution. If you look at the screws they are rusted for a new toy. I don't know if this is the seller who had the Swerve in the same condition. People think if they can slap a "not for sale" on a toy it is instantly a prototype. That is not even the right name if this was legit. It would be a test shot or a first shot. I love prototypes and look for them when I can. This just ticks me off. Once again, if this is someone on the board and I am wrong (which I highly doubt) I apologize.

TRANSFORMERS BWN SEACON PROTOTYPE - eBay (item 180434014195 end time Nov-22-09 11:42:03 PST)

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Looks to be painted.

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    He has a full set of bw neptune protos that he has failed to sell several times. He has a big proto collection that you can see on sunnyshineup

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    i see a lot of k.o.s being sold as "prototypes".

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    See this, they are legit.

6. megamus

News Credits:
    So are you guys saying it is real? Just wanting to be sure on this. I saw his auctions and another Swerve that was the same way and was found to be fake.

7. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Wildcard's had these for a while. He also has a set of the all white "milky" seacons. He got them from the same seller. Supposedly the BWN Seacons were in the molds when they were starting the testshots for the Botcon Seacons (when they were going to go to Walmart) Another thing is even though the green plastic looks dull, the only green plastic that was painted on Halfshell/Snaptrap was his face/eyes and chest. I don't think someone would just submerge the whole figure for some minor paint apps. Also keep in mind that TransFan2's G2 Motormaster prototype had rusted screws. However, I cannot guarntee 100% that they are legit, but I delt with Wildcard on other prototypes and they all seemed genuine. The only way they would be fake is if someone lied and sold them to Wildcard.

Megamus do you have a link to the Swerve you were referring to

8. megamus

News Credits:
    Gotcha, like I said in my first post. I am not 100% sure and do not want to upset anyone if I am wrong. just curious more than anything.

9. DoubleClouder

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No problem, it's completely understandable. I can understand people's concern. Especially since there are no mold differences.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    They're probably legit, but after my experience with Wildcard I'd stay away...sold me 3 Energon Superion test shots and kept telling me he sent them until I finally had to file a Paypal claim on the last possible day, he waited for the claim to time out and refund my money (while still claiming they were sent, and actively bidding on other protos / test shots) then re-listed them the next day after I got my refund. Even sent me an e-mail letting me know I had "another opportunity to buy them". AND the douche left me retalitory feedback....