Another Possible Botcon Figure? - Tigatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

no suprise there...

2. Taka-Tahu-Nuva

Taka-Tahu-Nuva Optimus who?

You can many Predacons and Maximals in some flashbacks in BW:The Gathering #1 where they are vehicle-based Transformers.

Anyway, if this is Tigatron, he looks pretty nice.

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting train of thought here which produces a rather elegant thing at the end:

Some BW toys - like Cheetor - have a repaint - his is Tigertron.

Cheetor is done as a Clocker repaint for Botcon. It makes sense Tigertron should be a Clocker repaint too.

Dinobot is a repaint of Armada Hoist (well his remold) an Excavator (back hoe in the US).

Dinobot's BW repaint is Grimlock. There's already a Grimlock excavator in RID - nice touch. And as a bonus a Botcon Dinobot repaint as Grimlock would look exactly like Hoist.

I'm on the side of Tigertron existing previously on Cybertron. Further I don't think Tigerhawk's dead. Explosion that small killing him given the power he displayed previously ? Nah. Teleported away at the last second ;-)

4. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

hmm, i must say that is the best recolour of cybertron clocker ive seen, i want him :D 

5. PG13

PG13 Well-Known Member

I think it would of been better to make Tigatron use the Override/Nitro Convoy mold recoloured.

All I really want for a repaint is Scrapmetal/Ramble done as Tarantulas and I'll be very happy.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    There were at least two Waspinators by two different sellers, three of the first Divebomb repaint by three different sellers, and two of the second Divebomb repaint by two different sellers.

And some of these sellers were the same people who have gotten LOTS of test shots of upcoming toys in the past few years. If you're implying those were kitbashes, that would mean the people who have made a business out of selling pre-releases smuggled out of the factory have fallen for someone's kitbashes. If you're implying they were bootlegs, that'd mean at least two sellers have suddenly started selling bootlegs and claimed them to be genuine test shots of upcoming toys at the same time.

This is not "Hasbro" at work here. It's Fun Publications.

The BWX molds were originally designed for the Cybertron line and eventually drifted more and more towards Beast Wars homages.

Yes, Hasbro definitely need to focus more on the people who make up 15-20 percent of their income at best. Prepare for the HasbroMattel merger a few years down the road if they actually do this.

Besides, this argument is kind of ridiculous in a thread about a toy that will be available at a convention which IS aimed at fans first and foremost...

"Oriental"? You mean Asian? Japanese? Like... the original G1 toys?

It's from the same guy who already posted pics of Megatron and the other BotCon exclusives (except Cheetor).

7. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Hoo, looks slick! I wonder what the Beast femmes would look like in their pre-Beast forms?

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thunderblast probably... :drunk 

9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I've always thought that, since every stasis pod "crashed" to Earth, and were forced to make quick-scans to get the protoforms up and out as quick as possible to prevent energon overload, that there were glitches that prevented memory from being transfered back into them as they were formatted/reformatted. Maybe I'm completely wrong there, but the way the Maximals took it as a personal affront every time the Preds took a protoform, and I believe it was even said a couple of times that they were their "friends," it just seemed like they had been previously living, and were stored as protoforms for the trip to prevent putting a strain on ship-systems.

I can't think why they would load up a ship with previously un-living protoforms, untrained, not prepared for whatever task they were brought along to perform, when there had to have been plenty of already trained Maximals ready for what they were going to do.

Or maybe I'm just crazy and trying to justify what I see as the best series of exclusives ever. DAMN I wish I could afford this set and all the extras. You've got repaints from one of the best lines of Transformers ever to represent some of the most loved characters in Transformers history, and thus far most of them at least come close to fitting. Each new one I see makes me wish I could go this year that much more.

If the non-BotCon club exclusives were this cool, I never would have let my membership lapse.

10. Devil-Gigatron

Devil-Gigatron Destronger Dark Emperor

Until Botcon comes out and says anything about this toys, I think its someone delusion of his repaints, and should be ignored...

its all crap!

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Wah?

As I said before, that thing comes from the same guy who has shown us photos of test shots of BotCon Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox and Dinobot as well as Megatron, whom we have seen from several eBay sellers already...

Unless you're saying that the same people who regularly sell preproduction samples smuggled out of the factory suddenly started repainting toys on their own in order to pass them off as test shots, I'd say you're ignoring the obvious here.

12. Primaster

Primaster Active Member

Tigatron

not to disapoint anyone but its just a repaint of swerve but i will look forward to a bigger version with a sword :) 

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Actually, it's likely a repaint of BotCon Cheetor,who in turn is a remold (new head sculpt) of Cybertron Clocker.

But I'm fairly certain pretty much everyone here already knew this.

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to mention home-sculpting kickass new BW Megatron heads.

:eek:  ZOMG! You're right!

'Cause... Tigatron used a sword oh, so often? :peoples: 

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The term "oriental Transformers" hurts my brain.

If that's the freebie, then eh, I don't mind it. Tigatron's got a pleasant colourscheme, and CheetorClocker's a nice mold. But I liked how last year's freebie was a deluxe. ;_; Ah well, we'll see in a month and a half. :D 

16. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Last years freebie was Flame War...A basic.

17. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yeah, for some reason I was remembering Flame War as Ratchet-

SHUT UP. :cry 

18. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Interesting...

19. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Tigatron's colors rocks. Can't wait to see the face.

20. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I only have one complaint. According to Brian Savage, there will be less exclusives this year as apposed to last year. I was hoping to save some cash by not having to buy all the exclusives. I know, I know, I don't have to buy them all but I believe last year we had 13 or 14 exclusives for that show. Give me and my wallet a break. Sometimes less with more quaility is better.