Heavy/Scratch: Another PMOP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Bogatan, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Despite the numerous excellent customs on here, this one started on The Hub when Payres wrote a review of PMOP and listed a number of improvements that could have been made to the toy. Some of them I agreed with some I didn't, but a few days later when I came across a junker I was bored and started hacking it to pieces.

The Hub - Phil's Powermaster Optimus Prime Review the original threads here which includes the full list of modifications and my initial efforts, same as the first photo below.

The bit that appealed to me was no12 making the cab sit flush with the trailer. I hacked (really the best word to describe what I did) a hole in the back of the trailer so the legs can slide through, allowing the cab to sit back flush. The legs just kind of stuck out the back, but the aim was to get them to fold back.

I also liked the smaller head, makes the toy look bigger. That was September and then I forgot about it. I dug it up last week and started chopping up more stuff in the last few days. I'll add photos shortly. I don't really know where I'm going with this, mostly its just something to occupy me when I'm bored.

Attached Files:

2. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once I started on this again I had all kinds of plans for the arms, but then happened to have a Marvel transforming Thing from whatever the line was called and its a brilliant fit. The hands a bit naff, but the rest of the arm is brilliant and it retracts to fit into the trailers cavity really neatly.

On the smaller bot I cut up a second figure to thicken the upper leg. Thats going to require some heavy modding of the hip, but I wanted to add modern joints anyway. I also cut the upper leg from the knee on the first leg so that I could add a seconf knee joint for posing instead of transforming.

As the thicker leg is going to mean the cab sits higher I unscrewed the front bumper and plan to bring it down as in the photo and fill the gaps. I prefer the stretched look of the cab, the proportions look more real.

Attached Files:

3. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits: