Another new pic of MP-03 Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jul 24, 2006.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Does it have Die Cast or is it just plastic?

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whats up with starscream's face OMG?!

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I doubt its takara trying to leach off Macross fans. If they REALLY wanted to do it, they should have got Kawamori to make a transformable F-14 into Skyfire and have a repaint into Leokaizer. That would give macross and tf fans like myself a good reason to dead the wallet.

I think the hip kibble was made for better weight distribution. We all know from the start Starscream was meant to have a stand useable for both fighter and robot mode. In robot mode, I am sure takara wanted to have the robot able to be displayed suspended in mid air via stand, in dynamic poses.

Now bear in mind, had they gone with the original design, the entire leg assemblies may have been hampered and hindered by the weight of the folding hinges and whatever mechanical engineering details were built within to make it possible. So what would the result be? Legs that were too heavy to lock into position and redundant, ratchets in the hips and knees that might loosen over time. Is this the reason? I have no clue. But I think this may be the case...

It would also result in Starscream just being displayed in robot mode with dangling legs that can't hold their position, thus not being dynamic and making a pretty ugly display unless the arms were placed in a neutral position as to not throw the whole "look" off.

That is my theory.

With the hip kibble and the wings transferred to that area, seems like the legs are freed up to be locked into any which position possible without the weight of wings and hinges wearing the ratchets and joints down, thus enabling starscream to be displayed in his fully articulated dynamic glory in a dynamic pose atop of the stand.

Again this is what I think. Its probably just coincidental that it resembles the YF-19 and YF-21's kibble in a sense.

Besides not all transformers fans are fans of or even know about Macross, and vice versa.

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    God consumers are so picky...I waited till pics with good lighting to post my opinions...'waited about a month now..and I like it...

It ain't G1...it's realistic...I like the first picture better...but it is realistic now...UNLIKE MP1...which is also awesome, for other reasons of course!

And let me say this..if you think for a Second that ANY company on earth would not change a mold..or colors...for the sake of making more money...you have alot to learn...

Companies do not make things to make YOU happy...they make things to make money...period.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    companies make money from me.

they aint gettin' em til they make me happy.

see how that works?

;) 

6. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Nothing against your comment if you like this MP-SS fine,but that part I dont see the logic in that....YES companies make products to make money but they make products that they know the consumers will buy and sell by the truck loads...IMO or course!

This choice if some people like this MP-SS its cool....but trust me this isnt going to make alot of money with this choice for MP-SS because the larger percent of people are not pleased for what they see....the G1 colors would make a whole lot of difference....and they can still keep the realistic jet mode look.

I have a feeling that the complete MP-Optimus Prime will sell better than this....just because the complete OP has that G1 look that people like.

7. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

The leg kibble on the first proto extended only as far as the knee because that's all there was. On the second proto they added the side tanks to hide the robot parts, smooth out the lines, and make it look more realistic, leaving the kibble running flush from end to end. It's now long enough that if it wasn't hanging from his hips and was attached to his legs in the old way it would reach from the top of his thighs right down to the ground. Mounting it to his hips is about the only way to include it without making it detachable, restricting articulation, or drastically redesigning the mold.

8. McBradders

IS IT PLASTIC or METAL?

HI!

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hope HTS still has it T.T

10. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Neither, it's made from bellybutton lint and old bits of string all stuck together with a half sucked mint and the label off an old beer bottle.

11. McBradders

Then they just got another customer.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    (waves back) HI !!

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

This looks much better. I can't wait for the release!

14. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave Member

Would you still pick up the repaints if their colors are off? I'm going to pick up Starscream but I'm not sure I'd be interested in the other seekers if their colors are off too. If they felt the need to go the realistic route on Starscream then how would they go "realistic" with repaints, I wonder?

15. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about that myself.

Given that the mass-release version is this re-imaging of Starscream, it would only stant to reason that Thundercracker and Skywarp will be given similar treatment when it comes to paint apps. Hopefully, a G1-accurate Starscream hits shelves before that, increasing the possibility of other G1-accurate seekers.

Still, I have a gut feeling that we will probably see the other seekers released with minimal changes in paint apps (the alt modes will probably look nearly identical). Too bad, as I really like G1-Thundercracker's colour-scheme.

16. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I have to admit, the colors have grown on me, and it looks like I just might keep my pre-order.

17. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Errr... dude, they can't base their decisions based on what a handful of Transfreaks on some TF boards think would be cool. The market is way bigger than that, you guys are a tiny minority.

18. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Weird, because all the people I showed the pictures to knew right away it was SS BECAUSE OF THE COLORS.

19. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That arguement is older than the internet itself.

Also, the fact remains there is a LOT of dislike for this figures color. And not just from the english speaking message boards.

And your attempts to discount everyone's opinion who dislikes it is growing kinda tiresome. We get it YOU like it (as do other people). You're not going to sway anyone from not liking the figure.

20. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

I personally do like it...it is growing on me...

as for TC and SW

TC: Deeper Blue-Grey F-15 with the Silver highlights (as opposed to the Red on MP SS)

SW: Black F-15 with the silver highlights.

That works for me.:D