Minor/Repaint: Another Movie/Alt Ratchet

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by scubaboy31, Jan 13, 2009.

1. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    This is my first time posting something up on here. Just hadn't got around to it for ages! The head was originally a Energon megatron, with a custom crest. the head now flips back on a energon rodimus neck hinge. the waist pieces were originally on the knees. there is just about enough clearance to roll in alt mode, but I think they do the job, despite the gap it leaves on the back of the ambulance. But, hey, ani blurr doesn't complain so why should ratchet? i made it to stay in display in bot mode anyway (I don't tend to play with my alts much, or even transform them too often. i prefer them as display pieces...)

I know this has been done a million times, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

really nice work

yup, I'm buying this mold in the morning

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Hey, nice work with the waist armour to fill the gap! I hadn't thought of that solution... which also makes his legs a bit sleeker. Can we get an alt-mode picture, just as reference?

Also, the Energon Megatron head is a good scale for that figure... I was having trouble finding a head around the right size for mine.

zmog

4. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    WOW! Man this look familiar oh cause I'm working on the same project. I like your work on him so far. I may have to steal that waist idea or something near to that.
    I should have my hands finished up on him tonight before I go to bed. Then I would like to try to see if there is a way to get his arms to flip around to show crosses. Nice work!:thumbs2: 

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

That looks nice. Some of you on here know that I'm planning something similar with my movie Rachet. I had originaly planned on just switching out his head and hands, but with all the sweet mods I've seen for this mold lately, I might do something more. Again, very nice!

6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I'm really happy to see someone work with this concept. I've got mine modded already, though I have to cut and reattach the swing piece underneath that used to cover the head. AND I need to find a head that I'm happy with. I'm glad you got one done, and I like what you did for the waist armor. It fits just right. :) 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I just bought this toy on clearance from Walmart the other day. My purchase is directly linked to the inspiration I've gotten from the customs such as these. Great work :thumb 

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    He looks awesome. Does he still transform?

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    True! These mods are the reason I want to do one of these too!:thumbs2: 

10. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dam good job this mod rocks

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Great job, and welcome to the Radicons, bro.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    This is... utterly inspiring. Could I please ask for some pointers in replicating something similar? I love the chest area. Sorry if I'm being rude or something - i'm not sure how things work in the Radicons. :D 

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

We are all here to share and help! This is a great mod, there are a few versions floating around. I really like Smog's version, maybe because it was the first time I saw it. Someone should help you out, maybe help us all with a tutorial as I too would like to make Ratchet as Awesome as this!:thumbs2: 

14. SMOG

Heh... I think I invented this mod, but I still haven't even finished my Ratchet! :) 

I believe I posted some very detailed instructions of how and where to cut in my original thread for this mod, but without any pictures. I don't know if anyone's done a pictorial tutorial yet, but once you get the basic idea, it becomes pretty clear where you need to cut away plastic to make it fall into place.

zmog

15. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I missed this somehow, but wow is that great. Love it.

16. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Maybe I could help on a tutorial for Ratchet.
    Most of you know I am working on this project as we speak and he's almost finished, should be able to post new pics soon. My second Ratchet just arrived today and I will be making him into Ironhide. I could take step by step pics on the cutting process. I also have added a few more mods to him, which have not been done by anyone here yet.

17. SMOG

Bring it on, I say!

I'm happy to have other people work out solutions before I destroy a toy in a fit of ill-prepared zeal. :) 

zmog