Heavy/Scratch: Another Mixmaster

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crosscharge, Nov 6, 2008.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Last time I traveled home a friend of mine gave me his RiD build team. With the ease of getting 2 other pieces and all beautiful and inspirational work on here, I just couldn't resist.

I'm not here to blow anyones mind or deviate to far from whats been done before, I like haveing a blueprint. The only thing thats really different from project to project is good ole Mixmaster. Here is my WIP of him that is pretty easy to do. Most of it is just a mock up, but with a few magnets, will be a bit more permanent.

Please leave me a few constructive criticisms, or let me know what you like!

Attached Files:

• mm1.jpg
      mm1.jpg
      File size:
      145.8 KB
      Views:
    • mm2.jpg
      mm2.jpg
      File size:
      134.3 KB
      Views:
    • mm3.jpg
      mm3.jpg
      File size:
      154.4 KB
      Views:
    • mm4.jpg
      mm4.jpg
      File size:
      129 KB
      Views:
    • mm5.jpg
      mm5.jpg
      File size:
      123.4 KB
      Views:
    • mm6.jpg
      mm6.jpg
      File size:
      144.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well I think it looks like Mixmaster from the G1 cartoon, but it's more of an updated version. So the leg mock up looks awesome. I don't see anything wrong with it, so there you go.

3. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Excellent! I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did.

Not that I’m an expert, but here's a few pointers that I learned that may concern you further down the project.

Your Dev is going to be tall looking at the leg mode, not that there is anything wrong with that. I find that the taller it is can sometimes make it a little difficult to stand on its own and articulate, but if you can pull it off, then go for it. Also, if you are using the scrapper that we all kind of used, there will be a height difference when comparing mixmaster to the scrapper. You may have to make that up with add ons...well at least that's what I did

Good luck and keep us posted!

4. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    I am a fan of the taller lankier devys that Ive seen. And I did notice the height difference of the two and it has been mostly addressed. If you pull down Landmines(grindcore) legs and bend them back at the knees it puts him almost to the same height ( eyeballing less than 1/2 inch) so a ton of extra bulk wont be needed. And if I beef up the ball joints it will provide some extrastability (in theory).