Another Masterpiece Question: Wobbly Stand

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by masishadow, Oct 9, 2009.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, stickers are applied, he's transformed and on his stand in robot mode...but as I'm typing, mp-07 thundercracker is wobbling back and forth. The hole on the stand that his ass pegs into seems loose, so if I move him, he falls right off. Is that how it should be?

2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I dont use the stands for any of my MP Seekers. IMO they look better without them

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    That wasn't his question, was it now?

On both of mine, if it's wobbly, I usually have to push the peg in further. After that, it's pretty tight. Is yours still loose after that?

4. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah still wobbly...he's already fallen off once while just sitting there. Guess I'm going with G1-Junkie

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Just saying he might want to try something more along these lines if he can't get them to stand:
    [​IMG]

6. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

The only stand I had a problem with was the U.S. Starscream. My others are pretty tight, but of course, I had to move the nosecone back in robot mode to fit in properly. Maybe you've got a stand with a slightly smaller peg?

7. duck_yousucker

duck_yousucker Member

I had this problem with MP-7 but not MP-6. The hole on my Thundercracker stand is just slightly too big and it easily flops to the side and falls out if you're not careful. Skywarp's is nice and tight and it stays in there easily. I haven't found a solution yet though. I normally try to balance it so it stays put and then make sure it's not disturbed. If you can get a cheap used Skywarp stand, that might be the best option available.

8. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Two solutions, you can either build up the peg with clear nailpolish, or if you don't want to use that/buy it at the store/other reasons, then you can do what I did and cut a small piece of scotch tape the width of the peg and wrap it. Did that with US MP Starscream, and it only took one time around the peg to make it tight.

9. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

the peg on my TC is nice and tight. however the one on my walmart starscream is very loose...its the luck of the draw i guess. just apply a few layers of nail varnish.