Another Lousy Saturday! :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Just received in the mail today, my "VINTAGE KINGDAM 09 COMBAT ROBOHELI MIB 1984 WHIRL" helicopter. Everything was great, nice packaging, box looked okay, helicopter mode looked okay, had all parts and everything. Started transforming him and as soon as I slid the arms out, I discovered it was broken. Now I know 100% it arrived like this cause I used absolutely "0" force on this as it was loose to start with. This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the box it came in. He did mention it was torn, but mentioned NOTHING about it's arm being broken.
    I immediately sent him a message on ebay, but I couldn't post pictures in the ebay window. [​IMG]
    This is the third Saturday where a Transformer has broken on me. First one was my fault, the chromed Kaltor. Second one was the WST Dinobot Snarl's arm broke during transformation. This one, arrived broken!
    Needless to say, I'm starting to hate Saturdays.

If anybody is curious, martin1928 was the seller. I hope he'll make good on this, anybody have any dealings with this guy? Seemed to communicate very well and shipped the item sooner than he thought he would. He mentioned he was going on a trip this weekend.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    ah weak man :( 

Hope you can get your money back on this one...

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I think I broke my first transformer ever the other night, stupid bw mutants bat/gator thing..pretty much fell apart in my hands. Sucks that it was broken for you and hopefully you get it taken care of.

4. Tigertrack

Unlike Kaltor, this is one I can not fix. I don't even see the rest of the parts where it broke. What you see there is what I got.
    At least with Kaltor, I was able to fix him and he's now standing nice and pretty.
    Saturdays are just not my day for receiving these things.
    Oh, and this time I'm holding off on leaving a feedback.

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Talk to the seller and see what you guys can work out. What are his conditions for a return?

6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks man. Maybe open TFs on Sundays from here on in?

7. Tigertrack

Well, he does state no returns accepted. We'll see about that.
    As far as opening things on Sunday, we'll see.

8. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

did you pay through paypal?

buying anything through ebay im always sure i go the paypal method in case anything like this happens. you will always get your refund on a purchase no matter what the seller says as long as you provide proof. the only downside is it can take awhile.

9. Tigertrack

I only use PayPal for my on-line purchases.

10. Tigertrack

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    thats sucks. mine sucks too i looked for activators screamer and never found it. but hey yours sucks more.(it sounds bad but i mean it in a good way).

12. Tigertrack

I also wanted to ask, does the official Whirl have any issues like this? Any weak spots? I'm considering getting rid of this one and getting an official Whirl, even though I don't like the lighter blue color. Maybe do a camo paint job on it in the future.

13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I would say you have a valid point to make with him. But I would have talked to him first before mentioning screen names and stuff on here first. Some dudes will make good on things, so I hate to see names dragged through the dirt.

14. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I have both a Ovelon Gazette and a Whirl, and neither of them have any issues. Of course as with older toys they are a bit more fragile, and no where near the hard wearing by today's standards. But I've had those two for quite a while now, and I've haven't had any problems. Nor have I heard of any chronic issues with the mold.

15. Tigertrack

Yea, I'm going to talk to him about it when he gets back from his "trip". I don't think I've said anything bad about him yet, just mentioned the name in case anybody else had any issues with him.
    I hope to get things taken care of with him first before going further else where.

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, give the seller an opportunity to respond before taking this type of action. You'll win the paypal claim easy, just file one now and it will be waiting for him once he returns.

Anyhow, a broken arm is worth a refund in my opinion because he obviously didn't mention that in his auction. He uses the words MINT, COMPLETE,etc several times, which would make you believe he inspected the toy prior to listing it on ebay. Its kind of hard to miss a broken arm:crazy: 

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Ah, here I thought this would be a complaint about finding nothing new at the retail stores, like my complaint.

That sucks. I was initially going to wonder if it was the one I traded off not too long ago, but the location of the seller isn't right for that.

18. Tigertrack

There was another one listed at the same time from a different seller. That seller stated that the figure was missing one weapon, and was less money. I'm wondering if I should've gone for that one instead, or if it would've been the same story.

19. Tigertrack

Is this piece even fixable? I noticed I have all the parts, but it's part of a hinge where the arm folds upward. CA glue won't be strong enough, any suggestions? I'm thinking about this just in case the seller won't accept returns or refunds. Not sure I want to go to PayPal yet.

20. Tigertrack

Well guys, I'll give this seller credit. I showed him the same pictures I showed you, and when he got back home today from his trip, he immediately refunded me my money plus he said he'll refund the return shipping fee.
    I will gladly leave this guy a positive feedback, very good communications. He did ship it faster than he thought he could, and he responded to my problem very promptly. This guy deserves an A.