Another KO seller.....

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Yigal, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
  2. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Reported.

3. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Same

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

no i just think its very sad and pathetic and if anything kinda makes you come accross like simpsons 'comic book guy' character ' HO NOES! ITS NOT AN ORIGINAL!' it just seems very sad

For one thing its hard to sell KOs on ebay anymore because ebay either 1.is ok with it unless someone mentions something to them or they DO say its a ko and yet the same people time and time again grass on them.

its just sad because he isnt hurting anyone yet you guys come accross as jerks about the matter just because its a ko. alot of Transformer fans actually LIKE kos belive it or not and since ebay have been funny with the whole thing its just become more hard to get ahold of them now.

I just think you need to leave these people alone and not come accross as the kid in school who told on everybody and then got beaten up after school because of it. seriously people there toys! TOYS!

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    It's funny how in every thread like this that outs a seller clearly trying to scam people - yes scam, if he wasn't he would clearly state the lack of authenticity - you step in and immediately start with "you guys are sad and pathetic, blah, blah Leave KOs Alone blah blah". Every time. It isn't changing any minds. Try some of your own advice and stay out of things with which you disagree.

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Actually, they are just protecting the masses out there who think they are buying vintage and have no idea what reissue is(reissue can mean alot of things) or are newcomers to the TF buying game, which I can respect...alot. I know alot of people like KO's, and alot of KO's are great IMO. You just have to look at it from a different view. And if you have gotten cheated by someone in that aspect, I really believe you would look at it different. So chill out on that school yard bully shit, thats just goofy man.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This conversation is silly on so many levels but at the very least it's hard to make a point when you use "alot" as a word when it's actually "a lot", sure it's a common mistake but you used it a lot.

One reason why people can't say something is a KO is because Hasbro has informed ebay that they will not tolerate KOs of their products being sold on their site.

8. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

well if Hasbro are THAT anal about it then can WE actually sell Customs?
    The Quintession figures and the Magnus Armour are nothing to do with Hasbro so can they stop those auctions? should the ReportSquad be calling in on these Auctions and Pre-releases as well because Hasbro gets no money from them either?

somehow i think if you told people there auctions for the classic magnus armour were removed on that basis that lots of people WOULD be pissed off about it. especially the bidders

9. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

In no way are the magnus armor or the quintessons using a hasbro mold. They are also not attempting to be sold as Hasbro product with their copyright logo on the side of the box.
    All the seller has to do is responsibly list the item and state in the description that this is a knock-off. It doesn't have to be in the title of the auction but at least in the description. Then our good team of tfw2005 ebay members simply would not care.
    For the record KO's suck and the people that profit from them are riding the coat tails of intellectual thieves. When I think of shady Toy dealers I think of KO's. If you want to spend $50 on a Big Lots quality toy go ahead, enjoy your poorly painted plastic.

10. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    i've handled the KOs before, they are not "big lots" quality.

have you even touched one before?

11. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

yes. It's not like touching a real TF. There is no way to compare quality as a KO will always be of lesser quality. All the recent chinese KO's have been of dubious quality , w/ many complaints being posted on this board. The only really good thing people have to say about KO's is they are less expensive then the real thing.
    I could care less if you want to sell cheap copies. If that's how you earn a living well then , I feel sorry for you. Just like all the sad saps selling KO gucci handbags on Ebay, They are only in it for profit. It's not like they bring their KO's to ebay to help out those toy collectors who are less financially endowed.
    I've owned KO's and I actually enjoy watching all the freakish animated KO's pop up. I just think copying a package design and a mold without any changes and selling it as an original is an affront to copyright law. I applaud Ebay and peeps like might gaine and DL2W for at least making ebay a safer place to do business.
    It really sucked to search ebay about 8 months ago during the height of the recent KO craze. There were so many KO's listed that it was almost impossible to find a real hasbro product without digging through boatloads of
    chinese sellers looking for a quick profit.
    Don't even try to tell me how well made your KO is.

12. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually my KO Mirage has way less QC issues than the Encore Ratchet I have. My KO Swoop can't stand up though - ups and downs.

I kinda wish eBay had left the KO sellers alone - it's the fact that they've banned them that makes sellers now lie about them being KOs. As long as the prices are cheaper than the real thing and that PEOPLE KNOW they are buying a KO (where this sellers fails) I have no problem with them... Which reminds me, I'm off to place an order for G1 Wheeljack. :) 

13. Irony

Irony fangirl

Aren't these a little expensive for KO? If it was a KO prise, and maybe more of them, it would be OK. I don't like chasing KOs away from eBay, but they should separate it and mark it clearly. Like an eBay subsite for KOs. It would be good for both KO sellers, KO buyers and for those who don't want to buy KO but real figures. Or maybe a completely separate site for KO trading (maaan, Hasbro surely won't like that).

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and Ghost Prime whining in every KO discussion.

15. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

You are wrong. Sellers have been misleading buyers way before the KO were banned. Doufaceb, yc-collection are a few good examples. Oh yes, don't forget the new KO sticker seller SmallToyStore.

16. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Well, on some points I agree with you. On some I don't

If all KO sellers would have marked their auctions: "KO", I wouldn't have a problem with it. If someone wants to have a whole house filled with KO, well, cool for them. That's a choice a collector makes.

Partial of the reason Ebay banned the whole KO market from Ebay is because people where being screwed. You couldn't buy a decent Swoop, Ratbat, etc anymore without doubting the seller, because most bootlegsellers would fancy the KO and name it from Remake, Re-eissue to Chinese vintage. That's scamming!!! I got screwed too. I bought a MIB Swoop a couple of years ago and sold it to a friend last year, and now the box appaers to be KO. Nice eh?? I now lost a friend, because some shaithead screwed me years ago.

In this case, the seller: eBay verkoper: greatdvd01: Speelgoed en spellen objecten op eBay.nl also doesn't let you make the choice. He uses phrases like: "Original packaging and stickers included". Some newby collectors don't have the know-how the rest of us have and will get screwed by this bootlegger.

17. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks like this guys' stuff was taken down before it sold.

As far as the newer "higher quality" KOs go he actually had pretty low prices

Chalk another one up to the TFW KO police squad :thumb 

18. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Here's another one:

TRANSFORMERS G1 1984 OPTIMUS PRIME - eBay (item 250338297133 end time Dec-08-08 21:41:02 PST)

Guy selling a KO as an original.

By the way, watch out for a possible KO Prowl...

http://img207.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/9/5/9/8/shizu07171985-img600x464-1228387560ov3srb55565.jpg

This is a picture from a sketchy seller in Japan who sells knockoffs. Note the lack of pre-applied stickers on his doors. Also, the grid lines are too bright. I'll make a full ID guide soon.

Edit--Done: http://highendtfs.com/images/idguide/prowlidguide.jpg

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    is this Prowl out yet ? I still need a prowl for my box and insert. Need to find one now before it gets impossible.

20. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

So when exactly are we going to get an admission that a market for G1 does in fact exist, as evidenced by all of these high-quality reproductions being produced and sold?