Another KO MP-22 Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

I understand what your saying, but as a waiter in a restaurant who has a 4 bedroom house, a kid, and child support. I own 26 fanstoys bots including 11 dinobots. If I can afford them anyone can.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

Fanstoys has made it very clear to distributors and retailers that if they carry a KO of their products that they won’t do business with them anymore. Fanstoys is to good of an account to risk losing. With distribution cut off its not worth the money for the KO companies to manufacture the products.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ????? Well damn. I'm impressed. I'd seriously love to know how you pull that off (though I don't think we should really get into it too much in this thread). I'd have a hard time pulling off just the four bedroom house without a kid and child support, though that may be due largely to the fact that my wife and I can't budget at all and we spend way more than we need to on food. Also housing where I live is stupid expensive (we pay too much in rent but wouldn't be able to find a better deal on a house in this market).

Also, I'm not saying they can't be afforded. If I wanted them badly enough, I could get them. But regardless of whether I can spend $200 on a toy ($1000 for the full set of dinobots), I just can't convince myself that I should. They're just not worth that much to me. I mean, assuming I could find all five at their retail price rather than paying more on ebay or something, I only allow myself to spend $100 to $150 a month on toys. That means it'd take most of the year to afford the dinobots and that's if I didn't buy any other toys during that whole time. Again, I'm not saying I deserve dinobots. Just explaining why I don't get them and why I wish they'd get KO'd.

4. robh

robh Decepticon

I think this is the key. There is a shit ton of stuff to spend money on regardless of how much you make. If the toys aren't worth it to you, no reason to get them. Sure I could buy 3 TG guardian repaints, but why? I'd much rather buy the material to build that custom closet my wife has been begging me for since we moved into our new place :p .

Buy what's in your budget and what you like. Then everyone is happy. But I do agree with the "impressed" comment. Maybe he works at a high-end restaurant! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I just want some dinobots that match the MP aesthetics. I have currently the KO oversized MP Grimlock in silver. He's perfect IMHO. So I am in the market for a good cartoon and MP aesthetic and masterpiece in scale. I always pictured Grimlock as bigger anyhow. Is Fans Toys the way to go? Toy house factory? We need a their party dino thread that covers all options, ko included. We should start threads that not only discuss specific figures by gives a running list on the best versions to buy based on fan coveted aesthetics.

6. robh

robh Decepticon

Totally OT, but this comes up from time to time. It's pretty much FT or GP for MP aesthetic. At this point, it's pretty much a religious war. I have zero interest in the way GP looks, so I went with FT.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    IMHO, FT releases could stand to be a bit cheaper, but it's not gonna happen when they have cult backing. :B I'm sure a ko company would manage to pull off that quality at a cheaper price.

That, and I'm not going to pay those prices unless the release is really perfect. But they aren't - I love how their Sovereign looks in robot mode, but the cannon mode looks kind of worse than the TR Galvie, particularly around the arms. And the robot mode cannon, while the fold it design is interesting, looks really dinky around the back part.

Of course, because there's no one in the entire world who earns less and/or has to spend more on obligations than you. >.>

Cya
    Raziel-chan

8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agh! I've derailed the thread! I'm so sorry! Um... no dinobots here. What were we talking about? Magnus? Yeah, I'm interested to see more of this Magnus. I like what they did with the butt flap and am curious if they've changed anything else.

9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed that notification so heres a late reply: I dont care about FT or any company for that matter, but as far as I remember they had an announcement about the head. Either they told fans before Grinder was realeased that this would be the case or they took the decision after a poll. My memory is faulty. Do I consider it a viable practice? No. Would I take the head if I had Grinder? No. But if memory serves people knew about it. The original head IMHO is fine as it is.

As much as I dont want to downplay your success and it is a success, occupation alone is not a factor to determine income as well as cost of life, which results in money allocation for hobbies. My salary is a crapshot and I work as IT tech which under normal circumstances pays at least 3 times what I get (it would be not an exaggeration to suspect that you as a waiter probably get more than me currently). However with the current crappy salary, I can live my life and spent as much as I wish due to secondary and trietary income sources as well as assets. My point is: A salary/job alone is not indication of how much spending you do, you have to take account many other factors such as including and not limited to: The economy of your country, if you pay for your residence, taxes, probable secondary/trietary income, cost of life in your country, assets, even health etc etc.

Sorry Ryanme if I sound like an asshole and again I dont want to downplay you, just that I believe that income/job alone is not the primary factor which decides how much we can spend.

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Fuck, I bussed tables for a summer when I was 19 at chilis. Made $5 an hour and walked out with $80 cash a night.

No critical thinking involved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. robh

robh Decepticon

i can't wait until my kids are grown and I can do something like that again. Kids are expensive!

12. pilot00

Υοur Milenage may vary as they say, not that I doubt you, but that cant be every night right?

If that was the case we would all be waiters IRC (not wanting to demean the job in any way)...Anyway I just offered an intake on how a job (any job) and the income it provides doesnt automatically translate that you can go spending top $$ on your hobbies or even getting by across every country (or even in the same country from region to region) without taking account secondary costs and sources of revenue. That was the point.

BTW change your avatar back dammit...almost a month and now I realised who you are......

13. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah, yes, because you get paid the same no matter what part of the world you live in.

Spoiler: You don't.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think his intention was ever to say that he was in the worst position financially possible. But that if he, as a waiter with a 4 bedroom house, a kid, and a child support payment (again, how?! That's like so much money going out!) could still spare enough to buy the all those fanstoys figures, that anybody (though obviously not anybody - I mean obviously there are people who are unemployed and/or homeless) could afford the FT dinos if they really wanted to.

And the thread remains off track and it's all my fault for bringing the dinobots into this :( 

15. robh

robh Decepticon

all your fault @Snaku!!! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Yes, that was a night via tip pool.

And yes, yes you can do shit when you manage your money.

Man, does your asshole hurt? You live in Europe where people don't tip. In America, people do.

Cya
    Scourgatron-chan

17. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I was about to say I can't even afford that many fanstoys figures as an oilfield firefighter, then I realized i have MT erebus, PX pluto, PX vulcan, FOC soundwave, KO OS nitro and MT galaxy meteor all in the mail right now. That got me into thinking how much I spent on shipping these guys from different retailers, THAT got me thinking about how I can never let the GF know ive spent that much in the past two weeks. I'm so screwed. But back on topic, waiters CAN make really good money, there are so many factors in that line of work alone its impossible to tell how much someone makes/can spend even before you get to other external factors (country, city, even area of city makes a huge difference on rent/mortgage)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  18. pilot00

Wrong dude. We tip here too. In fact most of western Europe has a % as stardard of the price by what you order as waiter tip.

In Eastern Europe we leave what we want as a tip but it usually ends up higher than the % dudes, because they call us cheapskates otherwise :lol 

19. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Someone's cranky. And stupidly wrong. But keep being a douchenozzle. :3

Cya
    Raziel-chan (and you copied it wrong)

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which is ridiculous and drives me crazy. And I'm saying this as someone who used to work for tips and who tips very well but I think the way we handle tips is just plain stupid and borderline evil. Restaurant pays the waiter below minimum wage because they'll make more in tips. First off: that tip money isn't from the restaurant so how does it give them the right to pay less? It's a gift, dammit! Second: because this is the policy, it means that, as a customer, you are practically forced to tip or just be an asshole. You're not rewarding exceptional service: you're artificially inflating the price of your meal to compensate for the restaurant's failure to pay their employees. And if you don't tip the "minimum," you're actually hurting the server/delivery driver because you're making them spend time on you that they could've spent on other customers who would've tipped better. I really wish they'd change the damn laws so that restaurants actually pay their damn servers and then, when I tip the server (because of course I will), all of that is extra on top of their actual pay, rather than half my tip going toward just bringing them up to minimum wage.
    /rant

• Like Like x 4