Customs: Another interest/question thread! Need your thoughts HELP!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AdamWojcieszak, Aug 18, 2009.

1. AdamWojcieszak

AdamWojcieszak Well-Known Member

Ok, so after the mock up of the Prime I was doing, and the math, We, and by We I mean me, decided to knock the scale down to 30inches. The mock up when finished was almost 6-ft tall, and woulda weighed almost 300lbs with all the metal and resin, and woulda costed a ton to ship.

SO - here is the good news and the interest...

Someone on another board has presented me with something, and I want to ask you guys and gals...

We did decide on the 30" for the Leaders, being Optimus and Megatron. That being said, it was asked if I could do the Primes - Now I have a source that has sent me the actual CGs of the Primes...

What do you all think of a series of Primes??

The other question is, I was asked about doing a Prime and Jetfire, making it somewhat interchangable like the toys, just a lil more closer to the movie look if that makes sense. Not a big deal, easily done, but what do you all think??

I honestly don't know that much about the TF's other than what I have learned here, so if anyone has anything that can help me out, please - help me. Who knows - there could be a free copy of a figure in it for you.

Now, if you all can give me enough feed back, I'm going to ink a contract with this client in the next week, and will post the pics as it progresses in the Customs area.

But yea, all seven Primes, Optimus and Jetfire which may be interlockable, and then some kinda bad-ass Megatron... all done in the next 6-9 months.

Let me know!!!

Also, I've been trying to post pics, but my IE is being uber dumb... If anyone will try to post them for me, shoot me a PM and I will send you the pics and see if you can upload them... the mock up for the big Prime is nutts - I only did one-half of the mock up, and I might end up doing it as a profile piece, but for now, the 30" is MUUUUCH more doable and easier to handle for those wanting one...

Adam

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you're talking about. A statue of some kind?

3. AdamWojcieszak

Yea, exactly... Poseable, and somewhat interchangeable with the Prime/Jetfire... and then with the Primes it would just be a stand alone, poseable series, with them all around the 24 - 30 inch range

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It sounds like a good idea. I'm anxious to see what work you have so far. :thumb 

5. AdamWojcieszak

Right on... What do you all think of the scale?? Too big? Just right to get the amount of detail needed?? I am going to be building a display case as well... So - Could look pretty sweet

6. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

:lolol :useless :stick: :throw :poke :wtf: 

7. AdamWojcieszak

Dude dont be a douche bag - this isnt a WIP thread, it's a question for the people who frequent the board. So your lil' rant, go take it somewhere else.

Or should I thank you for the bump?