Another happy ending with the Wal-Mart Ultra Magnus experience

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Commtech, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    I was disappointed as many of you to receive a reissue of G1 Ultra Magnus from Walmart.com instead of the MP UM. Yes, I took the risk and paid $97 for it. Well, I called Customer service and they told me to take it to the store for a refund and that they probably wouldn't return the shipping charges. When I got to my closest walmart (20 miles) they tell me they couldn't refund my money because the item was ringing as a $20 item. After arguing with 3 different "associates" the last one finally refunds my money and actually gives me the shipping back for all my troubles. Now, this is where it gets interesting: I tried to re-buy the item for the $20 actual price and was refused. This time I didn't insist since I had already achieved a full refund and was happy with that. But, next day, before they opened at 7am, I was there. The door opens and I raced a couple of guys who I thought were after the action figures section, but turned out to be hot wheelers (should've known by the smell. LOL!!). I get to the AF section and there it was!! Took it to the cashier and paid $19.99 plus tax for it!!

2. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    u sneaky bastard!! Now go return it again...repeat...and rinse...

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Noyce. *lucky* :hookday  :hookday 

4. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    will this be on the shelfs of EVERY walmart? !?!?!?!?!? just a g1 at walmart O_O

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Damn, a Wal-Mart that closes and reopens in the morning, and it's 20 miles away from you!
    Where do you live?

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was pretty evident it was not going to be the MP Magnus, but you did all right in the end

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Sneaky guy! Congrats on getting a good deal :thumb 

Hey and not all Hot Wheels collectors smell :lol 

8. SPIKE

SPIKE ZONE DEFENSE!!

Nice.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You sneaky bastard.

10. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

thats the best wal mart story ever..... oh i miss the days of a wal mart that actually closes.

lol i could just imagine if someone came across it before you....... it would take a minute for me to understand what was going on lol

11. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    I live in Burbank, CA and most of the wal marts around here still close at 11 and open at 7 am.

Thanks! And I was just joking about the HW collectors. I too collect them every now and then. Just making a joke about the stereotype.:lol 

12. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've yet to find an Ultra Magnus in a Wal-Mart. :( 

That said, someone on another TF forum found one at their Wal-Mart, but it wouldn't ring up, so he ended up getting it for ten bucks.

13. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Well, there is really nothing sneaky about it, now if he got it for $5, then that's sneaky. If anyone is sneaky here, it's Walmart, I mean, seriously, charging $97 for a $20 toy??

14. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i think a reissue mags is worth more than 20 bucks...........what were they retailing for at toys r us? 50 something right?

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made a thread about this in the general discussion area, but I was able to to get all my money back, including shipping to, but I had to go to a second Wal-Mart since the first wouldn't return it and since it was my hastefull mistake from ordering it, I didn't argue. Anyways, the lady told me they wouldn't be selling it in her store and they would send it back- but who knows for sure?

16. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

That might explain what happened to me Saturday morning.

I went to one of my local wal marts (westbury, ny) to pick up more bubble wrap and packaging tape and just cause I was there, I thought I'd check the toy aisle.

Of course, nothing there, BUT, a commemorative Ultra Magnus sitting atop the prime computer thingies. The box was all beat up, but I was still psyched.

So, I plop it in the cart, head to the register, and put it on the belt first. As I'm putting all the bubble wrap rolls up there, I hear the beep and look at the register to see $89.76.

I ask the still drowsy and clearly apathetic woman if that was the amount for the toy. She's like, "uh-huh". I asked her, "seriously, for that?". So I said nevermind, I mean its beat to hell for one thing. I thought maybe it was someone tryin to make a buck off their crap from home or someone priced it as an Ultimate BB.

I guess I could've asked around about it, but it was 8:00am on a Saturday morning and I was still too tired to really care. :) 

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yikes. Judging by my Wal-Mart's employees, I don't think I'd ever want a happy ending there.

Wait. What's this thread about?

Oh.

And you won't, unless someone returns one bought on walmart.com there.