Another great custom!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Hybrid Prime, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

TRANSFORMERS G1 CUSTOM UNICRON ARMADA CLASSICS UNIVERSE - eBay (item 220380994307 end time Mar-24-09 13:28:24 PDT)

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this figure other then the fact there are 3 better custom kitbashes(of MP Grimmy and 2 combiners) up right now?Last time I had to compete with the MP Sideswipe but still cleared $250.00 this figure looks tons better then my last one,has more detail,better dye apps,and no crappy black battle damage all over it.Some guy sold one just a week ago and he copied mine almost to a T and still cleared $150.00 so then I finished this one up and even made changes and nothing.So any ideas here would be helpfull as I'm getting very discouraged and about ready to throw the air brush in the trash and say F&*k it for good!

2. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

anyone?

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    PM sent....

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with it, in fact it looks awesome. That being said, it's still Unicron, a borderline "decent" figure at most. Honestly if you want or require more feedback on the custom itself and your touch on it, I'd post it in the Radicon section, where many kitbashers new and old collaborated ideas and great constructive criticism.

I will tel you this as well, you can't put an auction out with intentions of making money. It never happens that way, you will fail. I've seen several guys come and disappear off the scene because they got quickly discouraged by their customs not rewarding immediate success. Do these because you love to do these, any other reason then maybe it's not the right reason for you. I've had several auctions tank, but (as you can see) never will give up. I am not implying you are "doing this for the quick buck" but with a thread aimed at your idea of how this custom should be getting more bids, i got the feeling like you might be disappointed and require more compensation for your creation(s)

5. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    check your PM's...I will trade you for him!!!!

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Wow.

If I was a 'Cron man I'd be all over that.....

You really brought out his detail, nice skills dude awesome.

You need to include a MOONLIGHT LED kit with that man cmon lol j/k........

7. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Wow thanks guys.Frenzy rumble I put in a good word about your grimlock in my Q&A I do love doing customs alot of you guys on here inspired me to do the best I can.I'm just literatly hurt for cash right now.The gas bill hit me hard at a whopping 5 bills and really need to have at least 3 of it or they are gonna shut me off.My tax check is on the way but some times it can take 6 weeks.I'm sure you guys understand

I really just started doing TF customs all my previous effort was done on fantasy miniatures model cars,and bicycles.Used to doing everything by hand brush.I just know how to basic spray with my air brush and a little misting ect.I've got a decent dual action kit with a baby compressor but like I said it is a bit new to me.

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you can, bide your time until just before the ROTF movie comes out. By that time, there will be tons of people doing searches for "custom transformer" and I'd be willing to bet anything that you'd get more hits then.

9. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

I'm working on a trade with a fellow member.I've got 68 watchers I've no doubt it will jump at the end.Still would rather trade it to somebody that really apreciates it then have to deal with all the ebay fees.Besides I could always do another when the time is right.I cleared $300.00 on my minis today so I'm not stressing like I was.Plus I'm doing 2 commisions that are almost finished and have a line for a G1 classics powerglide and a few others.Thanks agin guys for all the encouragment.Frenzy Rumble we need to talk some time!

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    get your ass in radicons ;) 

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    *happy dances"

Unicron is now on my shelf...