Another Front Page error

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Keith Prime, May 1, 2012.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Looking over the new Front Page post of the Generations/ FoC toys, I noticed an error.

The write up says this:

But Sideswipe is a clear retool of Jazz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The vehicle shell is substantially altered/ retooled, but they share the same mold.

Since I saw people have pointed this out in the thread, but it hasn't been corrected, I figured I should post it here, just to make sure a Mod sees it.

2. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Bump, since it doesn't look like this has been addressed, & is about a Front Page entry.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd have never even seen it if you had not pointed it out. It's a very substantial remold IMO.

Not even sure if I'd consider this a mold reuse for Resources purposes, since it's a level beyond the coneheaded Classics Seekers.

4. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    From what I can tell, the underlying robot modes are identical. It's just a lot of the vehicle shell has been altered. If you look at the arms & legs, they haven't been changed much. It's just the colors used & details painted on that make it look like more has been changed that really has. The parts most changed are the front of the car/ chest, the "windshield" & the roof/ spoiler section, & the head of course.

Wonder what they'll do for Sunstreaker?

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To my eyes, it looks like the entire upper shell of the car, front to back - which is what threw me in the first place. The majority of it must end up on the back of the robot mode.

Guessing Sunstreaker would be a new head on the Sideswipe body, but we'll see.