another Energon Bulkhead KO: Whirl anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMOG, Nov 5, 2007.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

This aussie seller has a few KO figures... looks like the same line of molds another seller was carrying, but in different colours.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140175916034&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

I like the night camo on this one... says "Whirl" to me. There is also a red Classics Megatron, an oversize Sharkticon (in close to original colours) and a Gigant Bomb in colours that seem to be inspired by Cybertron Blurr.

I have two of the other line... the desert-camo Bulkhead and the purple oversize Energon Sharkticon. Those ones are pretty nice KO's, so these ones might be alright too.

zmog

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original looks a lot better.

3. SMOG

OBVIOUSLY the Hasbro one is going to be better quality...

The original Bulkhead had the "Springer" deco going... which is actually a pretty ugly colour deco when it comes down to it, but G1 nostalgia goes a long way towards mitigating that. The Quickstrike deco of that mold is much nicer IMHO. :) 

What's neat with these KO's is that you can get a "Sandstorm" repaint, or a "Whirl" repaint, and all you have to bash is a new head! :) 

zmog

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I actually always felt that this guy in blue with a new head would make a great Whirl. Though I think you could get a better Sandstorm from movie Evac. He's closer to Sandstorm's chopper mode, has a similar, though generic head and already half orange!

5. SMOG

Yeah, I kind of got a Sandstorm vibe from Blackout from the beginning... even the head and the high back/shoulder proportions.

Of course, a large transport helicopter doesn't really match Sandstorm's tech-spec description (he's supposed to be wild and highly manoeuvrable)... but then, it didn't match his G1 altmode either. :) 

I did a digibash of Bulkhead as Whirl, with a modified E. Shockblast head a while back... I agree that the mold really suits him.
    [​IMG]

zmog

6. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

That Whirl digi is great - I would totally buy that.