ANOTHER Earthquake strikes Turkey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

It's about a 6.0 on the Richter Scale, little more than 50 people unfortunately died.

5.9-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Turkey - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Man what the hell is going on? First there was
    -Haiti
    -Japan
    -Chile
    -Taiwan
    -Argentina
    -Now Turkey

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. It just seems a bit strange to me that all these major quakes are happening a few weeks apart. For some of the Geology/Astronomy geeks here this wouldn't have anything to do with Earth's 26,000 year wobble would it? Or is it too soon for that? Still looking up some more info.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The end is nigh. The end is nigh. Sell your gold and toys, the zombie apocalypse is next. :::crosses fingers:::

3. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

You forgot Taiwan which happened between Chile and Argentina. And when did an earthquake happen in Argentina? Otherwise, something wicked, this way comes....... :( 

4. Tyrannosaur

After months of experience playing Left 4 Dead I'm so freaking ready for the Z.A. :lol 

Holy crap!

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This is pretty much Mother Nature "thinning the herd" so to speak.

6. Tyrannosaur

Is it me or is it only these 3rd world countries with limited-to-no resources being struck?

I just read a conspiracy theory that the US has an Earthquake machine. Oh God :lolol 

7. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

Cali is next. I'm calling it now.

8. Tyrannosaur

I'm surprised California hasn't been hit yet. Aren't they supposed to have some sort of mega-quake coming their way being directly on the fault line between the Pacific and North American Plate? I thought I saw something like that on Science or Discovery once.

9. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    OMG GUYS EVERYBODY PANIC HIDE WHEREVER YOU CAN THEREZ GONNA BE EARTH CRUST DISPLACEMENT I SAWZ IT IN THIS MOVIE 2012 WE ALL GONNA DIE BECUZ OF TEH MAYANZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Every idiot in the world.

2010 is going to have earthquakes like 2009 had dying celebs.

10. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've been concerned about all these disasters as well. I'm not sure I yet believe in the 2012 hype, but with all that's going on, economy, quakes, blah, blah, blah, two years away, one does have to worry.

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:lol 

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    7th Earthquakes had been fillurn! :jawdropper: 

13. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Well THAT is one of the silliest things I've read all day. Look at all the shit that happened two years before Y2K was 'supposed' to happen.

January 4 – Wilaya of Relizane massacres of 4 January 1998 in Algeria: Over 170 are killed in 3 remote villages.
    January 4 – January 10 – A massive winter storm, partly caused by El Niño, strikes New England, southern Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick, resulting in widespread power failures, severe damage to forests, and numerous deaths.
    January 11 – Over 100 people are killed in the Sidi-Hamed massacre in Algeria.
    January 20 – Nepalese police intercept a shipment of 272 human Skulls in Kathmandu.
    January 25 – The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) suicide attack Sri Lanka's Temple of the Tooth, killing 8 people, injuring 25 others.
    January 28 – Gunmen hold at least 400 children and teachers hostage for several hours, at an elementary school in Manila, Philippines.
    February 3 – Cavalese cable-car disaster: a United States Military pilot causes the deaths of 20 people near Trento, Italy, when his low-flying plane severs the cable of a cable-car.
    February 4 – An earthquake measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale in northeast Afghanistan kills more than 5,000 people.
    February 6 – The French prefect Claude Erignac is assassinated in the streets of Ajaccio, Corse.
    February 16 – China Airlines Flight 676 crashes into a residential area near Chiang Kai-shek International Airport, killing 202 people (all 196 on board and 6 on the ground).
    February 19 – 1998 Auckland power crisis: A 66-day blackout begins in Auckland, New Zealand.
    February 22 – One third of the Tower block "Palace II" collapses in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
    February 23 – Florida El Niño Outbreak: Tornadoes in central Florida destroy or damage 2,600 structures and kill 42

And that's just two months into 1998. I don't even have the patience to list what happened the rest of the year, much less 1999.
    So you see kiddies? Shit happens, no matter what.

14. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol  sigged

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not more quakes, just more people in quake zones - Yahoo! News

Or as it was put in the censored, TV-adapted version of Forrest Gump, "It Happens".

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  16. Tyrannosaur

I really wish a megatsunami would happen though. Scary but awesome :D 

If anyone could post a clip of this tsunami that hit Hawaii recently that would be great.

17. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    My thought is that when some Scientist or whatever says the world is going through a bucket load of changes in a certain year, some Ass-face takes this to think that Earth is trying to extinct the human race.
    It's really just doing what made countries separate and at a much slower rate.
    I hope this made any sense:lol .

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Your sick :lolol 

19. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

According to teh USGS, there were 60+ significant earthquakes around the world.

Plates move, pressure is released, life goes on.

20. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Well, way before the Haiti earthquakes, I kept getting reports from friends of mine in college about how constant earthquakes kept hitting Riverside/San Bernardino Counties. There was one time where three earthquakes were reported in the same day.