Minor/Repaint: Another DOTM Megatruck

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Unicron9, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    UPDATED: with pics of robot mode shoulders transformed correctly. Thanks to Zildjian.

I finally got this bastard about 4 days ago. Tiny lil bugger for a voyager but a really cool figure.

I did my best to get the truck mode as close as I could to the few reference pics I had, adding bunched up cords, painted on hood net, chains, a new paint job, and lots of weathering and rust.
    For robot mode I stuck to his usual color scheme as much as possible.
    I really hope his look in DOTM is consistent with the last 2 films rather than him having a lot of dull green showing in robot mode. The only thing about movie Megatron that looks like Megatron is that he is silver with a big gun!
    He has the damaged face and rust from his previous defeats. Poor guy probably won't make it out of the next movie alive.

Attached Files:

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    man that looks really nice, love the details in altmode, the botmode is a bit too silver for me this time, but maybe you're right and they stuck on this sheme, very well done mate :) 

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I think what I like most about this is that you gave him the silver color scheme in robot mode, but still managed to keep the greeny-brown colour across the majority of the vehicle mode.

Excellent work as always. Now I'm off to Deviantart to favourite this piece.

4. -User deleted-

-User deleted- alias 'Fujiwara'

Oh man, the details are badass man!
    Really cool figure, but for me, this figure is to silver too.

You done a super job!

5. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

very nice job!

6. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Well yes we know that User-deleted and Limewire's idea of what Megatron's bot mode colors will be are different from mine because we've seen their versions recently.
    I certainly didn't want to do what another customizer has already done.
    Megs could just as easily have very little green showing in bot mode in the movie considering how little of his truck mass is that very light green. It may fit into his robot silver and rust colors almost unnoticeably. Who knows... :) 

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Nice take on him man!

8. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I 100% agree with you. Nobody knows what he will look like yet and to pretend they do is foolish.

Looks great 'Cron! One thing though..... clip his shoulder pieces in!!! LOL!

9. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    I Never said that mine or someone else repaint will be accurate (I would never do this!) but I have a feel thar unicron9 is very very near to the real one in the movie

My faces are now zildjans (botmode) and unicrons9s (alt mode) a mix would be perfect for me but I have not enough money to buz only one of them :-(

10. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    They go in more? Haha they keep falling off. I think I'll sand them a bit then superglue them in as far as they can go.
    Thanks Z! I would have done about the same thing you did with a green-tan tinted silver if you hadn't already done that take.
    I hope yours does well.

11. ThinkTank Customs

News Credits:
    No, you only have to swivel the shoulder pieces in 180 degrees then you can pushnthen down. Look at the pics of zildjan or the original figure or here on the left shoulder

View image: P1000003

No glue needed :) 

12. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Oh no I mean the outer spiked bumper parts on the grill. They keep coming off and wont peg in all the way. I didn't know they were supposed to be turned around like that... in fact why is there the big hole in his cloak shoulder for the part to stick through if that's not how it goes?
    Anybody have instructions for this guy?

13. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Ebay:
    Oh I see. Got new pics up with the shoulders right.

14. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    There's something of the Terminator endoskeleton to this, due to the finish of the paint. Looks great, very well done. Brings out the details on the mould superbly too (whcih is true of the various other customs of this as well).

As a random sidenote, the more I see of this toy design, the more I can't wait to see the actual design up there on screen. This is my favourite design of Megatron since, and including, the original.. I do hope there's a Leader sized version with articulated ankles and all that