Heavy/Scratch: Another Devastator, but my first kitbash (wip) 80%

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by fallensinn, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    Hey everybody first of all id like to thank ptitvite, frenzy_rumble, i believe a member named project 9 (i cant find his links anywhere for some reason) he had great wip pics to give me ideas on how to do this and mals-masterpieces from ebay.. All you guys inspired this and thanks!!
    Ok like the title states this is my first kitbash.. im a collector more than an artist, so im not gonna start pumping these out and try to sell them.
    i am definitely planning on painting it, i just gotta find the time and read some tutorials (you guys are awesome you should be getting paid for the info). Also im no pro at taking photos as you can see my light box is alittle too small so it was pretty much worthless probably.
    I have to tighten up his arm/shoulder and finger/hand joints (hopefully the paint will help with this). Also i have the bfg that F_R used and extended the wiring as he did. (this was the easiest part of the whole thing for me, soldering is more up my alley). Also speaking of soldering im pretty proud of the LEDs...Eyes red and chest blue... ok tell me what you think, let me have it! but remember be gentle its my first. ha

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that's looking really good, nice job

3. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks good. Is his Mixmaster leg longer than his Scrapper leg? Is that why you have it kinda extended out to the side like that?

4. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    I dont think its so much longer as it is too wide. Scrappers wheel hits mixmasters leg when devastators legs are straight together looks stupid and i didnt see it until it was too late. lame.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Sure, we've seen a lot of these lately, but still... lookin' good man! I like the close-ups too... nice angles.

zmog

6. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

I love the LED's totally adds something to a project no matter what you are working on.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Light-up eyes!

Do you have any clear red plastic that you can make a visor out of? Because that coupled with LIGHT-UP EYES!!!- would just take this thing through the roof (and I don't mean of your light box).

8. bongzoe

bongzoe Banned

more purple please. i really like the g1nish look.

9. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Indeed...That is why I had remove the cyber key gimmick and original wheels on mine.
    Anyhoo, congrats on your first bash!

10. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Glad my posts were of some help!

Great work on this and the LEDs are indeed killer. I agree with Kusanagi that a visor would be sweet if you could add it somehow.

Man, I gotta get working on mine. I have my Mixmaster cut up and waiting for me to putty it together - but I just haven't had the time to do it/do it right.

11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

One possible solution is to cut a visor from the clear bubble packaging plastic The Transformers come in. It's flexible, easy to cut and shape, and you can paint it with clear red, or even red Sharpie!

12. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looking nice, i like that hook's/hightower's crane points foward, this way you can use it as an extra weapon in devastator mode.

13. MegaPrime99

MegaPrime99 Well-Known Member

wow, that looks amazing, first kit bashing???!! I'm still in the process of trying to get all the parts.

14. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    thanks for all the kind words guys!!! i never even thought of a visor!! im gonna def look into it come paint time.
    does anyone know of someone who i could possibly purchase supreme starscream head molds off of? is this possible? would it be hard to cast and mold my own?? again im new at this kitbashing stuff.

15. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

WoW sooo many Devastator. can some one do a step by step on a how to make one and what all parts needed to make one?

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL I'd never thought of that. When I get to putting my Devvy together, I knew for sure I wanted to use the SSS head (maybe mod it, might have to commission Sculpt-Bot in a few months) but definitely had to have the visor, separate from the eyes.

Definitely going to have to do that.

17. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yea agree with the eyes parts being separated. Great work !