Heavy/Scratch: Another CW Defensor project--with Legends Groove as a leg!?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by echotransformer, Mar 25, 2016.

1. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 ROGUE AUTOBOT LEADER

The trailer is a nice idea. You should create a sidecar for Groove to add more bulk to his leg mode.

2. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Still want that trailer!

Trailer! Trailer! Trailer! ;D

• Like Like x 2
  3. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Thread title's pretty misleading. It's not really "Groove as a leg" so much as it's "Shitty Trailer as a leg". And what about "Shitty Trailer as an arm"? These are supposed to be Scramble style combiners.

4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

[​IMG]

Come on, man. You get why. It's a project to make Defensor more G1 by making Groove a limb again. And he was always the right leg in G1. You didn't have to word it that way.

• Like Like x 5
  5. MarinerPrime

MarinerPrime Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Groove's trailer works for any CW gestalt, dingus.

Hell, with the new knee you could stick him on as an arm and go full G1...NO ELBOWS

• Like Like x 3
  6. MarinerPrime

MarinerPrime Well-Known Member

Slagposting aside, I have to thank you again echotransformer, for giving me the idea to try this with my surviving Off-Road/Trailbreaker/Ironhide bed (I say surviving because I had to take a hammer to my Trailbreaker's chest to remove the shoulder joints, as the pins would not budge from the back at all).

I may even look into scrapmetaru's complaint about the lack of an arm mode, seeing as I do have spare hips laying around...

• Like Like x 1
  7. marvel b

marvel b i'm marvel b, and i'll quote everything i like!

News Credits:
    i think its pretty cool. also gives use to wreck-gar and override if you wanted.

now we need varients that'll house the other legends!

• Like Like x 1
  8. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Yeah if you don't mind the price of 3D printing, I can make it publicly available on Shapeways. I can say I did everything I could to remove all the material possible, yet despite my efforts it was expensive. But for those that want it, why not?

I would love to see that project, sounds cool! Yeah, this trailer would make a TERRIBLE arm mode, lolzzz.

That would be cool. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. SHADDO

Pretty much uncalled for really. I don't see that there was any need to be rude or otherwise douschey with vulgarity pertaining to someone's clever idea to incorporate the legends Groove into the modern gestalt.

This took talent and ingenuity to devise and implement. What have YOU done lately to contribute in any positive and practical way to improving or providing OPTIONS for any of these figures? Probably nothing, right?

Either way, there's nothing "shitty" about the idea or the implementation. SOME of us actually LIKE the idea of having multiple options for our things. Like I said, takes talent and ingenuity to create...clearly you have neither, and very limited vision, otherwise you wouldn't be in here cursing and trying to tear down someone else's work and talent.

Also, it's not a very misleading thread title either...I mean seriously, did you really think that the legends Groove could somehow be a leg (or an arm) without SOME KIND of additional gimmick?! But oh,guess what? It's a FEASIBLE and FUNCTIONAL way to make it work, and PLAUSIBLE...considering that it's a water tanker trailer with additional hose spools and ports for additional gear...FOR AN EMERGENCY RESCUE UNIT! Don't really see how a clever idea like that would be "shitty" there hater.

• Like Like x 5
  10. SHADDO

That would be awesome. I'll have to check it out and once I see the price I can work towards getting that ordered. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

11. geekatron prime

geekatron prime your sister's nephew's cousin's former roomate TFW2005 Supporter

Don't know how I missed this. This is pretty cool and ingenious. Well done! :thumb 

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Awesome. That's an add-on kit I would expect from third parties. Great idea, design and execution.

13. Dutchymvl

Dutchymvl Member

Facebook:
    Very creative to make a trailer to use Legends Groove as a leg. Might be interested to get that trailer somehow

14. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Echo... As always, disregard any negativity you receive for your efforts, and proceed further...

I now NEED the trailer. It's what I always wanted.

Finish it and put it in the pipeline for us... And then get back to your cage and build the animated menasor kit already!

All it needs is a trailer kit, and your a genius with trailer kits. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  15. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ No worries, such a comment doesn't bother me to each his own!

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention I did post this on Shapeways as "Beta". Again, guys tried to take as much cost out of this as possible, there's only a tiny bit of markup on this...printing is just darn expensive. Any way, for those brave enough to try it, here's the link:

Groove Trailer--REV2a (beta) by echotransformer on Shapeways

• Like Like x 2
  16. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Man, I'd pay that for a finalized 3rd party accessory/kit, but not a DIY model kit... Not a knock on people who are into these projects, but I only have time to plug-n-play these days.

Echo, your projects are amazeballs - but I can never do a shapeways deal. :( 

17. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Just being thorough. This trailer works with the stock feet too?

18. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Well, I have to say that this is a very creative way to have a G1 accurate CW Defensor without resorting to Deluxe Groove. It's certainly also a better option that simply pegging Legends Groove to Rook and a big kneecap.

19. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

A little heads-up, you might be able to reduce the cost a little bit by connecting all the separate parts with sprues, as Shapeways raises the price for each separate part. I'm very excited that this is available now, but hopefully you can manage to lower it just that bit more before I buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    A very creative and excellent execution of this combiner concept scale issue.

Respect !

• Like Like x 1