Minor/Repaint: Another Custom Leader Class The Fallen

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by CooljazCustoms, Sep 30, 2010.

1. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    Hello everyone, i am new to the forum, ive been looking around on here for some time now, and i figured it was time to finally join and get to posting.

so for my first thread, i decided to post some pics of my first Custom Figure, Leader Class The Fallen. i know there are TONS of these out there now, but i just thought it might still be interesting to look at.

This Figure is a bit different from other figures as i only used 1 Voyager Class figure on this guy, and a bit of modeling sculpt. He stands just over 10.5inches tall, making him right up there with the other leader class figures. This figure was recently sold and im currently working on a new figure for my collection, plans are to have it stand closer to 12in tall when complete. i have attached some thumbs of WIP pics for viewing as well Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      236.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      109.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      131.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      250.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      117.6 KB
      Views:
  2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    nearly exactly like my one, i love it! :) 

3. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Love it! you used the extra back wing pieces as a torso extension??? dont take this the wrong way but the Fallen holding Meg's like that reminds me of an "uncle dirty hands" joke.

4. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    LOL yes to the extension part. a few screws and a lego axle(hidden by the sculpting putty) and BAM, extra 2 inches to figure!

and no worries bout the pic comment, i took that one just for those kinds of comments :lol 

5. LeAmourVrai

LeAmourVrai Autobot

Woah. That is pretty awesome for your first custom and the metallic blue on his frills (maybe an ancient beard) simply adds on to the awesomeness of this custom. I would have preferred a flame colour (red and orange) inside his cracks / lava pits (?!?!) and though bronze wouldn't match with black and amazingly, it does! :thumbs2: 

6. MATTICUS PRIME

MATTICUS PRIME chicks love me!

The buddys pic made me lol!

7. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    Ya, the bronze color was more orangish before i clear cloated it. i used a Matte Finish instead of a gloss, so its not supper shiny, tho the light from my camera sure made it seem that way lol. not sure why the clear dulled the orange tho.

but i like it for the fact it helps make it different from most other Leader Class Customs i have seen. Though they look awesome, i think a few out there have gone a bit overboard with the orange here and there...but like i said, they all still look awesome as a custom figure!

im currently working on a second The Fallen figure, ill post pics up of that WIP so far here in a bit

8. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    ok, here is the proto-stage of my current Fallen figure. Did the torso a bit different this time, and the head has better movement, side to side and up and down. i plan on making pieces to extend the legs and possible the arms asw well if they need it after the legs. im trying to stick with only using one voyager figure for all this one like the last one too. i painted the torso to match the figure for the time being cuz this guy has to take a back seat for a while here i think...hope ya like it

Attached Files:

9. LeAmourVrai

LeAmourVrai Autobot

Improved head articulation is always a plus point! :D  I would recommend painting The Fallen silver / drybrushing it silver. And the lava pits to be of a more light reddish colour.

Here's some resources (concept pictures) for reference on the paint job: http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/transformers-20090602-fallen-concept-art.jpg, http://www.transformers2.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fallen2.jpg, http://www.transformers2.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fallen1.jpg

10. CooljazCustoms

Ebay:
    thanks for those pics. that orange pic i posted isnt how i plan on keeping my second one though, that was the Target Exclusive Figure, so the only reason i painted th added on torso was so that itll match because i had to put that figure on hold while im working on a few commissions i just received. when its done, itll be more along the lines of my first one pictured, but im gonna try to have the "bronze" come out a bit more orange, and im gonna add a TINY bit of silver to black and dry brush the whole figure.