After being content with my Hubcap repaint, I decided to take on something a bit more ambitious. I loved what Frenzy_Rumble and TCracker did with their Warpath customs, and so I figured 'what the hell, let's see what I can do...', knowing fully that they are seasoned pros and I am certainly not. I replaced the head with classic Sunstreaker's (a la TCracker). I cut WfC Megatron's cannon along one of the mold lines, and filled both sides in with Aves Apoxie, and placed rare earth magnets in both ends so that they could reconnect for the alt mode. On the shorter of the two barrels, I added a second magnet to attach to the magnet I placed on his slightly bulked up shoulders (again with Aves), and to the magnet I planned to add to the crotch for alt mode. I also added a mounting point on the chest (with Aves), along with another magnet to hold the larger cannon. I also removed the waist spring to give him better movement. I attempted the arms, but wasn't happy with how floppy they became, so the springs were put back. Once that was done, I spray painted the entire thing with Krylon Fusion red, and did detailing with Testors acrylics. I was about halfway done with this when I saw the prototypes for Generations Warpath, which I liked, and brought the whole thing to a halt. It sat unfinished for a while, before I decided to wrap it up (it also dawned on me that I never added the magnet to his crotch for the alt mode cannon - whoops). I haven't decided how I feel about this one. Some days, I walk by and think 'this guy looks ok'. Other days, I see it and think 'Yikes... thank goodness Hasbro's is just around the corner'. Either way, I'm done for now. There are no alt mode pics because the two halves of the cannon don't sit flush together (even even though I kept testing them and sanding as the apoxie dried), and the magnets don't hold the two halves together very well... and also, I forgot the magnet in the crotch. I may revisit this once I get more comfortable with painting (which I think I am as I work on a Punch/Counterpunch custom with the headless corpse of Sunstreaker...). I think maybe I just bit off a bit more than I could/should chew for where I am as a customizer... like jumping from arithmetic straight to calculus. So without further delay, here's my first attempts with spray paint, apoxie, magnets, and dry brush weathering... Comments and criticism are welcome, and thanks for looking!