Another Classics Devastator idea

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Kinda like the last thread, just an idea on how they might attempt this character, and I wanna guage the feedback the idea gets.
    Kinda like how they approached the gestalts in Beast Wars (Magnaboss, Tripredacus)- cutting back the number of members to 3 in order to make the gestalt easier to produce. The best example I can think of would be Railracer- arguably one the best gestalts they've done.
    Start off with three Constructicons that are either deluxe or voyager (larger size allowing for better individual Constructicon figures, plus real life construction equipment can be pretty large) Perhaps arrange it so one figure forms the arms, another the torso and head, and the third the waist and legs. Have the hands slide out, a la Railracer, and a classic Devastator head (perhaps using the visor from the animation).
    Aim for hands, articulation and size on par with Railracer, but with bulkier looking construction equipment. What do you guys think? Or would the loss of the other 3 members be too much of a sacrifice?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

To be honest, we basically have this already. Universe Devastator just came out a couple of months ago, is in G1 colors, is made up of 4 members instead of 6 to keep the team smaller, and is similar to Railracer in size and articulation (except for being a little bulkier) owing to them coming from the same line.

Since we have that, doing it again seems redundant. If there's going to be a Classics Devastator, and I don't think there will be, they may as well go all out and do the whole 6 man team in order to differentiate it from the Universe one.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

I see your point, but a new set of Constructicons (any number) could easily be very different toys from the build team set. While the Landfill repaint is pretty neat, i guess what I'm after is something a little more refined (actual hands instead of pincers, more unified combined mode look, etc) as well something that was made to be a new Devastator in the first place.

4. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I like the 3bot Devestator ala RID Railracer idea better. Don't get me wrong the Universe Constructicons were fun to play with but they didn't scream Devestator. If anything, he looked like Devestator's little dorky brother.

5. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

I want 6 robots, without Scrapper, Hook, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Long Haul and Mixmaster it just isn't Devastator; rather a poor imitation.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Landfill/ U-Devastator looks pretty unified if you ditch Scavenger, and give his shovel to another copy of Hook/Hightower.

I do wish they put a little more into the team though, like painting the heads on the individual bots black.

I think we've been over-Devastatored really, between knockoffs, homages and repaints of the Build team and Micromasters, so if they tackled the team again, I'd prefer they did something as close to the original concept as possible, if only for the sake of "classics"-ness.

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I just hope if they ever make combiners again they are compatable with the Energon combiners. More mix n' match combinations is always a better thing.

It would also be awesome if they released two basic-sized combiner members that joined together to create one Energon-compatible torso/head. That way we could have a 6-man Devastator.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    We've got the Build Team Devastator, Sixbuilder Devastator, and Energon Devastator, if they make another one they should go full out 6-bot, heavy, heavy G1-homage otherwise it'd be terribly redundant.

That said, 6 more new molds for classics is unlikely, especially all bad guys. What I want for a classics Devastator is Cyb. Metroplex repainted for a lone Classics "Leader" class figure.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd much rather have a NEW Metro or Fort Max mold as the lonely leader. Or supreme. But I'd like to see Devastator as five scouts and one deluxe. That'd rock.

10. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Uh... sure... who wouldn't choose a new mold over a repaint?

But under the assumption further new molds are unlikely, certainly a leader very unlikely, this would be a nice repaint I think.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sure It'll be a nice repaint. But hasbro will probably cash in on the fact we want a new Fort max....

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yes! plus real hands pls. not that energon clear plastic claw thingie crap.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd rather have all 6 Constructicons.

14. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    So you think Hasbro is more likely to repaint Metroplex as Fort Max than Devastator? Maybe, maybe not, but I'd guess they'd be "cashing in" just as much on either. It's a "fact" that "we" want a new Fort Max? You know... this thread is about wanting new Constructicons....

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Sure less limbs=cheaper but I prefer the original 6 members team.

16. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Six team members please, but don't make them tiny. It would be nice for once if Devastator was actually imposing in size to regular sized Transformers.

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer six too- its more of a "if they wouldn't do all six, would something like this suffice" kinda thing.
    Somebody mentioned repainting Cyb. Metroplex into Devy- I wouldn't mind a singular giant robot Devastator, but if they went that route, I'd prefer they just do a new mold for it (plus Metroplex's alt mode bothers the crap out of me).

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Exactly. 6 different guys for once. Not just a repaint as the 2nd arm or leg. A new Devastator done right would be icing on the cake for the classics line.