Heavy/Scratch: Another Classics Beachcomber

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Brunkion76, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Well, who says having surgery stinks. While i'm out from work I decided to finish this guy, took about 20 minutes, (of course I had this planned for months but wanted to finish my Throttlebot Wideload before I started another Minibot). I built up what I think is a great head for this guy out of a legends Sandstorm head and a spare balljoint off a Cybertron legends Soundwave leg joint, then found some little round pieces of plastic to glue to the side of the head to give it some bulk and to give Beachcomber his audio receptors. Lastly, I took the chestpiece off the Sandstorm, shaved off the extra plastic and gave Beachy his chest pipes. Really simply mod, had a lot of fun with this. (The simple ones are always the most fun, am I right lol?) Anyway, comments and crits are appreciated, thanks for looking, God bless.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to give a closer look at the head. If you take apart the legends figure you get a long piece that runs through the length of the body, which the head is connected to. I simply chopped the long piece up and glued the pieces together to make the head, then glued a ball joint to the bottom of it. The ball joint snaps right in the socket that the original head was in. If anyone is interested, I may do a tutorial.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hanging with his buddies, Powerglide and Seaspray
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks good, but maybe the head needs beefing up somehow...

3. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

loving all your g1 mini bot love,cant wait too c all of them in color!!

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks great. I wonder if the oversized Beachcomber KO head would work better. That is if you exists, which I think it does.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is a cool idea, and I hope we see more of this project from you!

I think I'd agree on the other's comments regarding the head. Aside from that, it looks cool, man :cool: 

6. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Looks great. The beige on the head probably makes it looks smaller and slimmer than it really is. Once it gets coloured it'll look spot on I think! :thumbs2: 

I really want to do this to, the mold screams Beachcomber.