Customs: Another brainstorm session

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ok here's what I can't get out of my head to the point I can't work on anything else. A few of you guys have talked with me about and helped me get my thoughts in order for this.

A classics g1 megaton. A voyager sized megaton with the styling and posability of a generations figure, but a good g1 rep that changes into a Walter p 38.

Do I gave a plan I do. But I need some help.

I'm using a g1 junker as a shell for this guy.
    Arms a gonna be from. Seekers legs (yeah it's strange but it's Gonna work)
    Legs I really want to use rts lug nut, with the g1 shell over it, but I am running into issues.

Things I need help with

I need a voyager with legs where the thigh extends from the lower leg.( like a voyager sized version of the classics seeker mold)
    And some fists that suit a bruiser like megaton.

I have a sketch of how all this will work out and if I can pull it off ...... It will be epic

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I like the idea :) 

Can we see the sketch please?

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    here's 2 rough ones

what i want is for the trigger assembly to become the spine and have the chest do a 90 degree spin and then flip up against the trigger assembly, but the part i am having trouble with is how to get thte arms back up where they need to go to be chest height

Attached Files:

4. Roxxstar

Roxxstar Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm working on the same sort of idea for the G1 Shockwave. Rather than hunting down the legs, I've scratched mine using the original legs as a base. Takes a bit of time and tweaking tough. :) 

5. Megatron31

Ebay:
    cant wait to see pics of that! i love me some g1 shockwave, and his legs are pretty well articulated for a g1 toys if i remember correctly.

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Over at Sector70, we just wrapped up our Megatron Challenge and it's in the voting stages now. One of the entries was a G1-styled Megatron made from another type of gun, but transformable and articulated. It's a little long in the torso, but maybe you can get some ideas from that. Once the voting ends, the artists will be revealed (we keep 'em anonymous to level the playing field and keep the voting on the actual custom and not the artist), so I'm not sure who actually did it just yet.

Here's a link to the entry--just thought it might help out with your ideas and design, man. Just hit the link and click on the picture to be taken to the gallery of it.

Megatron Challenge Voting Thread.

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    well crap im not a member over there so i cant see the pics .. yet

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i'm considering using the darkmount, skullgrin mold's hands for this

what do you guys think

in my head i think i have everything worked out minus the abs and mid thighs