Another Bay-Stake!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Jul 10, 2012.

1. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Revenge Of The Fallen: Prime's Resurrection

When Optimus is resurrected by the Matrix Of Leadership and we get the first good look of his body, there is still plenty of seen damage all over his body from his brutal battle in the forests of Philadelphia.

However after he has defeated The Fallen and he lets loose all the damaged parts of Jetfire's body, his body is complete transformed (no pun intended). He looked like he was a new Prime.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

First off, that is a horrible pun you tried to make.

Second, considering that Jolt magically attached the Jetfire armor to Optimus by simply making it fly over to him, it's not beyond reason that he simply fixed Prime up at the same time.

Third; who the hell cares. ROTF has much bigger mistakes than that.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    ROTF was a mistake.

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF was a failed attempt at a 86 movie remake, enough said. There, I just solved the problem for two threads.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF was a great movie. Opinions, opinions. In any case, I'm pretty sure attaching another entire robot to yourself to fix broken systems does wonders to exfoliate and rejuvenate.

...No, no it wasn't.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because they fixed him. The parts didn't just power him up, they repaired him, hence why he went from barely able to crawl to walking just fine after the battle.

How... what? How does that anything?

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Actually, it quite was.

1. A whole bunch of Cybertronians in one movie.
    2. Optimus Prime died from injuries sustained in battle with Megatron.
    3. The story partly revolved around The Matrix Of Leadership.
    4. Megatron was resurrected (He wasn't given the name Galvatron because Bay felt younger kids would get confused.)
    5. Main villain: An apocalyptic Cybertronian intent on destroying the entire planet and possibly others beyond that.

8. Autobot Burnout

...the hell?

ROTF was NOT a 1986 movie remake in any sense whatsoever. The two movies are so fundamentally different that I honestly do not see how anybody can claim that.

1. To be honest, I don't think there were actually THAT many cybertronians featured in the 1986 movie after all the old guys got killed at the beginning and new ones took their place (in some cases with the old characters actually BEING turned into the new characters). That, and if they did appear in TFTM, they actually did something. Over half of the Cybertronians in ROTF were there to do nothing but stand around and die in Egypt. Hell, DOTM had more cybertronians doing more important stuff than ROTF did.

2. Major difference: in TFTM Optimus almost does kill Megatron if it wasn't for Hot Rod being an idiot, and succumbs to his injuries later on. In ROTF Megatron outright impales Optimus and kills him on the spot. Considering how major the Optimus Prime death scene is, it seems amazingly stupid to write out one of the most important parts of the movie in a remake.

3. Except in ROTF it's not introduced until a little after halfway through the movie and instead of being the thing that stops the bad guy, it's the thing the bad guy wants in order to destroy humanity. Why the hell would a remake change the purpose of the Matrix of Leadership when in ROTF it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with any kind of "leadership" whatsoever!

4. That's actually a point AGAINST your claim that this is a remake. Megatron never actually died, he was just reformatted into Galvatron after being left for dead with possibly fatal wounds. Additionally, Galvatron later tries to betray Unicron in TFTM, but in ROTF the resurected Megatron is nothing more than The Fallen's bitch who at NO point tries to backstab him (to the extent of going "NO!" when Prime takes The Fallen's face)

5. Wrong again. Yes, Unicron was a planet eating godlike being, but he DIRECTLY attacked planets when he consumed them. The Fallen was using the Solar Harvester to destroy THE SUN, at no point was he actually trying to destroy the Earth.

9. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    And let me tell you how Point Break is totally a remake of Hamlet, and how Jesus is in my toast.

10. Autobot Burnout

May I sig this?

11. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I thought the mistake was the film itself.

A shame this joke got used. I came here with the sole intention of posting it, but now it's little more than an echo. I'll stand by it all the same.

Anywho, yeah, it's really annoying, especially when an animated series can keep its junk together better than a multi million dollar film. Come on!

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be honored.

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No The 86 Movie got Junkions,and ROTF just got the Worst Human Character ever made.

14. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is some serious straw grasping there. I wonder how many movies you could actually get from pointing out 5 vague similarities like that...

I mean you could just as easily say that since the movie is about a boy and his car that it is a New take on Herbie...or that since it's about some boys and aliens that it is a new take on ET...or that since it is about 4 main chatacters doing good and helping out people in need that it is a modern take on the A-team...or that since it has the main character dying and getting resurected through some weird dream like scene that it is a modern take on Harry potter/the bible/star trek/beauty and the beast/pirates of the caribean, or that it's a modern take on...you get the picture, right? It's...silly to start making these kind of statements. It is not the 1986 movie and any similarities you see are purely coincidental.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You know, PrimesRule, you could've put this in the thread devoted to references and errors and stuff. ;) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...kes-references-hard-spot-things-dotm-127.html

Granted, yes, I noticed this 'error' too. It goes along with the "transform from squeaky clean cars to dinged up robots"-thing. It's a transition that takes place and is barely noticeable when it happens because it happens so fast.

16. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Wow yet anothe rpointless thread. On topic. No it was not anyhwere close tot he 86 movie. You are mistaken. Jolt proably fixed him up when he attached the parts.