Annoying kids with mics

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Sep 10, 2010.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Name your experiences with kids with mics.

One time, I was playing with a few kids during a game of team death match, there were these two kids who really liked to call people "noobs". Well, you can imagine how fun that was to listen to. But hey, I was playing as a medic, and one of them gave me a compliment on my healing abilities.

Another time I was playing with these two teenagers. They apparently had a problem with my user name, "Scabbers35". They kept going on about how Harry potter was a lame series and that Scabbers wasn't even a good character. I have a pet rat you see, that my Dad, who is a Harry Potter fan, named Scabbers, which is why my user name is Scabbers35 and not AutobotSkids.

Either way, these two kids decided they would go after me because they had a problem with my User name. I killed them both, but since their team won in the end, they both gloated over their mics, and gave me a nice shout out before they quit. "F*** you, Scabbers!"

Has anyone else dealt with annoying kids? If so, post your experiences here.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Another thread on this?

It's called mute. Or if you're on XBL, just go into a party, even if you're the only person there, and make it invite only.

3. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Report them. Seriously.

4. AutobotSkids

Easy there SPLIT LIP, I wasn't ranting about how kids bug me, I was making a thread so people could post their experiences with kids with mics.

Nightmare966, It was such a long time ago, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother. I don't even remember their PS IDs. I was sure to 1-up them by going crazy with my Scout, so I'm good.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Mics are for NOOBS.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It seems every other day there's a thread on annoying kids, or somebody brings the subject up in other threads.

And don't tell me to calm down. One, it's just condecending, as nothing I said was said harshly or even negatively, it was just a statement. And two, if anyone should mellow out, it's you. You will always find people like this, just ignore them. Don't let them be annoying, don't give them that satisfaction. You'll find your online gaming experience increase in quality exponentially.

7. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

Dude anytime I hear a kid talking I'm annoyed. I hate those little voices

8. AutobotSkids

There are other threads about experiences with annoying kids? Where?

I also fail to see how I'm the one that needs to mellow out here. I was just making a thread on experiences with kids that have mics. I didn't say that they grind my gears, that I was going to quit playing because of them. But you came in and acted as though that I was going off on a rant.

9. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

It's the ongoing trend that you'll find more and more younger kids with headsets. As long as they aren't total douchebags, I can deal. If you can't stand little kid voices, I hope you don't plan on breeding. ;) 

That said, yeah, I get to suffer listening to some of the more "colorful" things kids say online. Still it could be worse. You get get to hear them SINGING all the time, like I seem to.

10. AutobotSkids

I've actually come across a kid singing a song into his mic too. He was around six or seven and he was singing "Twinkle-Twinle Little Star" during a game of team death match. It was the funniest thing I'd heard all day. :lol 

11. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

Granted, I sing online too. :p  And usually with a thick Scottish accent that I don't have. Mwahaha.

Frankly, I hear more irritating stuff from adults. Why are we so concerned with the minority of annoying children? =P

12. AutobotSkids

:lol 

I tell you what, I have seen annoying adults too, it's just more often that I see annoying kids. I've run into annoying adults online too. A couple of southern men who were playing thought that talking bad about me was funny, and I've ran into one adult who was a nonstop swearing machine during conquest. "Get the F*** out of my way!!" "What the F*** is wrong with you?" "F*** YOU!!"

Internet tough guys never cease to amuse me. :lol  But I run into alot of courteous adults online, a vast majority are decent people. It seems like every 6-13 year old I run into is annoying though. I guess that's why I say kids.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    friggin n3wbz.

14. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

So far on WFC, I've mainly run into adults who just like to run their mouth and trashtalk. Sometimes they'll yell how "messed up" or "not right" etc. it is EVERYTIME they get killed, which is really annoying even if it's the lag's fault or whatever. It's mainly trashtalking in the lobby though and using excessive cursing, even if no one else has a mic plugged in.

I've only had a few times that people comment on my voice, but I get that from alot of people on other games I've played online. On WFC, I've had one guy call me out because I just happened to kill him twice in a row. He was like "Okay, rocklobster! I'm comin' for you now!". I had my mic plugged in, but I didn't say anything back lol. That wasn't really annoying or anything, but I just wanted to share it anyway.

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

What bugs me is that every annoying kid seems to have a mic, but every experienced player does not.

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've had a couple of fun experiences with mic-equipped people.

1) Playing Escalation in Remnant, I joined a public game with three 10-12 year olds. That's how they sounded. As the waves progressed, I was all over the place whompin' and shootin', killing almost everything. Within three or four waves the "leader" started screaming at me "Starscream, leave the game!" This went on for a few more waves until they started getting toasted and I flew in to revive them. By the end of the game, I had three new friend requests.

2) Playing on Broken Hope, some guy playing Optimus Prime yelled "Autobots! Transform and roll out!" over his mic as a wave started. I'm all for getting into the spirit of the game, but that was too much for me. I was quickly smoked by Decepticons because I was laughing so hard I dropped the controller!

17. AutobotSkids

:lol  I remember I was playing a game with kids who all had mics in Broken Hope. They were really getting into the game, the guy who had Optimus was giving out orders for the others to follow, and the other kids would eagerly follow them. They would refer to eachother by Character too, I was called "Bumblebee" by my teammates. Atleast they love Transformers. :) 

18. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you havent played MW2.. lots of whiny girls in that game who cant distinguish between strategy and cheating.. and of course there are the sore winners.. MW2 is easily the worst when it comes to the dregs of society with mics.. and these are male adults im talkin about. for the record, i dont have a problem with people singing or even talking gibberish or just talking. but when male adults whine and cry more than girls, your experience will just be ruined. kids you can easily tune them out. but male adults who keep whining and crying about “scoping”, “using sensors”, “camping”, can ruin your game. my suggestion is mute the mic, that is if they dont send you hate PMs.

19. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    I'm an online noob, I admit.
    Please, I implore you

HOW
    DO
    YOU
    MUTE?

20. AutobotSkids

I don't think you can for the PS3, can you?