annoying brothers and sisters

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfomegaprime, Jun 26, 2012.

1. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    Nope. I actually went to Botcon this year with my little bro, and now he's addicted to collecting as well. B)

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    If only they knew how some figures can get huge price jumps in a short period of time. Not only that in comparison to other collecting/hobbies, Transformers has been around for a relatively short time (27yrs) and the price increases for originals, sought after figures and exclusives/limited editions have been huge to say the least....Depending on when you sell them you can make 2-3x+ of what you originally payed EASILY.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

My parents weren't very supportive of my toy collecting back when I was younger and bought up ToyBiz Marvel figures. So I don't think they know I collect TFs now. Not that they need to or anything. Neither my little sister or brother have seen my collection, though I imagine my brother taking more of a liking to it, as he's 19 and actually took on a lot of my own hobbies as his (drawing, reading comics and manga, etc.). And since my TF shelves have nothing to do with alcohol and dubstep and/or hip hop music, my sister probably wouldn't care much for it.

Like I said though, I'm 29 making my own living. Not like it should matter one way or another to them.

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I have 2 brothers,and both of them neither support nor dislike my TF Collection,they just don't care one way or the other.But my dad on the other hand he chimes in on a regular basis about how he doesn't like them,but whenever he gives his two cents on the matter I always fight fire with fire and start on him about his hobby of old classic cars.So I guess its a standoff for me and him.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    yeah you tell your dad! :D 
    As if vintage cars aren't expensive. sheesh. :lol 

6. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    My sister's usual reaction is ":rolleyes2 " but my brother, on the other hand, actually picks out the new stuff... :lol 

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    My sibilings don't matter to me. My nephew (who I'm raising and who I consider my son) will probably be into Transformers when he's older (he'll see my room and probably have a stroke once he's able to understand). Can't wait to see what he likes when he gets older! All my friends like my hobby, my mom doesn't care really. As someone else said in this thread, it's the people that really matter to me whose opinions I care about...even if they didn't like it, I still wouldn't care honestly. Transformers are a part of me that will never leave!

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    QFT. THREAD WON> :rock 

9. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a brother thats like that. He's the reason as to why I got out of the fandom for a few years.

10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

my kid brother is quite the opposite about my Collection. Always wanting to play with my TF's. Then again, these are the damn coolest things in the world to little kids. Robots that can transform into Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Monsters, Bigger Robots, animals.

My stepfather is Ironically unsupportive of my TF collecting. He prefers MIB collecting and scolds me for removing them from the box. This is the same individual that took me to go see the '07 movie when it was out in theaters. The very same individual I gave a Masterpiece Megatron Figure valued at $100+ In its box, simply because I had a second, loose, example.
    I'm still on that quest to get him a G1 Megatron (Nearly there).

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

About 60% of my family is unsupportive of my toy collecting mainly due to it's not a "normal" thing to do. My younger relatives (cousin - 21, nephew1 - 16, nephew2 - 10) are supportive of my collecting habits, and are the reasons why I don't stop despite the overwhelming negative comments from the others.

12. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    My folks are pretty supportive of me, but that may be because they both collect stuff meant for kids as well. (Dad-Hotwheels, Mom-Beanie Babies)

When other relatives come over, they always tell me I need a bigger room, but are impressed at how many I have and keep in good condition.

13. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. I'm not sure. I don't think my mum cares too much. I think she finds it a little odd. My dad has never really expressed an opinion on it in any form, but he used to collect (And would still be doing so if he had the money) model trains so I don't think he minds.

My brother is ten. Of course he doesn't care.

Most of my extended family don't know about my collecting, and any that do probably don't care either. I've heard my uncle used to like Transformers.

My friends can be a bit mean about it sometimes. They'd be taking the piss out of my liking of Transformers in general, or my collection itself. Granted though, that the two who do it most are sort of ego maniacs, so I don't really care anymore.

14. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My mom thinks they're a waste of money, but as long as I'm using my own money she doesn't mind too much... Other than that none of my family or friends really care. :) 

15. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

me too:lol 

16. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

nope, me and my brother are both members on this site

17. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

your lucky you have tf loving brothers my sister hate tfs

18. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

19. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Well, considering I'm the one who got my brother interested in Transformers (well, at least the toys), I'd say he doesn't really have a problem with it. My parents on the other hand have mixed feelings on it. My mom thinks tf collecting is a waste of money but other than that, she's sorta okay with it as long as I use my own money. My dad's cool with it though, he even bought me a FE Starscream during his last trip to Hong Kong.

20. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No need lads, OP made a valid and good topic, those kind of attitudes bring this site down a bit, shame.

Anyway to answer the OP's question yeah everyone goes through that in one form or another, mainly my mam has the issue with my collection.