Announcing a potential Transformers Anthology project

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Da_Razorsaw, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    I posted this at the Allspark, but I thought it'd be a good idea to see if anyone here was interested too.

Have you ever wanted to see stories from a bygone era of Transformers again? Have you ever wanted to, perhaps, see something more well known taken in an opposite direction? Do you ever feel sad that there's areas of the Transformers multi-verse that have been left behind as the brand forges on, and wish that they could be revisited again? Or do you just have an idea that you want to get out and present to everyone?

Well, this kind of project is what I hope to get started. It will take some work, and a lot of focus, and dedication, but I think in the end it'd be worth it. Basically, I'm imagining a sort of semi-regularly published fanzine style thing (we'd need some web space, possibly someone skilled with that and graphic design), with the aim to serve as an anthology for fan-fiction... and in that, stories that focus on the kinds of things you can't necessarily get from official sources.

I also have an idea for a framing device, possibly drawing from the Alternity concept. Our "hosts" would be Alternity versions of Perceptor and Swerve (aka, two people I think Takara would never actually do for the line), cataloging significant events and individuals for possible consideration by their comrades. Each "issue" would have an introduction for each edition, along with an in character introduction for each "report", which would then be followed by the actual prose. We could also do MTMTE style profiles every now and then, along with short, Mosaic-style comics at the end... (though, I don't really want to infringe on their thing, so it might not work, or we could ask permission...)

What does everyone think? Do you think it'd be worthwhile? Suggestions? Criticisms?