Annihilation. Anyone else digging this?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, May 22, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm so glad to see a spotlight again on Marvel's much underused Cosmic characters. Good to see Thanos scheming again as well.

Nova - Really digging the Nova series. Been a huge fan of Rich's for years. (Well, since New Warriors #1). I also got the Drax series when it was released last year, so I'm pretty much up to date on him and Cammi. This one's my favorite so far of the 4 series.

Silver Surfer - Never was a huge Surfer fan, but this has been pretty good. Galactus is back. Will be fun to see his reaction to the Annihilation Wave. Also interesting how they're hunting down former Galactus Heralds with the Power Cosmic. Was quite surprised to see Terrax taken down pretty easily. Good to see Firelord again too.

Super Skrull - This one I'm kinda iffy on. It's been decent, but not sure where it's going. Will be fun to find out.

Ronin - Never really knew much about the character. The writing on the first issue was abysmal. But I chalk that up to being written by Simon "HACK" Furman. Hoping it gets better, but with Furman's track record, I shouldn't hope at all.

The overall storyling is very interesting though. The Universe keeps expanding, taking away from the "Negative Zone". Annihilis brings out the Annihilation Wave to take back what he claims is his. The only downer, being how Annihilis is behind all of this, is no FF for the storyline. (At least not yet).

So...anyone else digging this story?

2. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'm loving Nova and Super-Skrull. Ronin looks interesting. Silver Surfer is a dull mess so far, but I'll pick up the rest of it to see how it all turns out.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I got the Prelude and Nova 1 on FCBD. Prelude bored me except the death of the Nova Corps. However the Nova book was okay. I might pick up #2 but undecided.

4. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I have really enjoyed the silver surfer and nova titles, while super skrull has laughable art and juvenile writing. Ronin just hasnt caught my interest at all, might end up picking this series up later if it improves at all. Definitely looking forward to the main series this summer.

5. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying them all, but Nova is my favorite thus far.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious, does the above events take place before "Planet Hulk"? Because it seems that the jolly green giant is going to face-off the Surfer in the upcoming Hulk issue.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

After, I think. It happens at the same time as Civil War (as Nova went to space to be in it, and it was mentioned that he left shortly before Civil War#1). The Hulk has been off world for the last few months, so what we are getting right now in Planet Hulk (Well, you, not me. I don't read Hulk.) most likely occurs before Annihilation.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ok, your explaination makes sense. The reason I'm asking is because I'm puzzled how the Surfer could have been made a prisoner with the Hulk in the Planet Hulk storyline!

9. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Ya, it's safe to assume that he breaks out at some point soon.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Surfer has the Wolverine effect....he CAN be in two places at once (or in Logan's case, 10 places)....

11. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Wolverine isn't actually in multiple places at once. He's restless. Remember that events in comics are not always happening at the same time as events in other comics. While other heroes have downtime, Wolverine is running around running missions with every team he can, as well as a couple of solo endeavors.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    LOL! That's a good one! I understand the need to use a popular character in various comics but at times, it can be rather confusing!