AniProwl's Lookback at Animated or Countdown to Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, Feb 21, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Thought I bumped this up from The Appreciation thread so we can all look back at the first two seasons. That way, we have something to do

"Sound and Fury" is a real good way to introduce Soundwave. However, this episode was meh due to Professor Princess, Sari's carelessness, and Megatron's plan of of using Soundwave's weak body. Hopefully, in season 3, his body will be more durable.

Now, onto "Lost and Found", Blitzy and Luggy stole this episode- 4th favorit episode of this series so far.

2. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    i think your starting your countdown to soon... i'll start mine a couple of days before season 3 starts...

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    "Survival of The Fittest" involves a team up against my favorite Autobot and my favorite human ally against my favorite super-villain. What more I could ask for more? Oh, wait i'll have to wait 11 episodes later to get my answer.

"Headmaster" just sucks mainly due to the villain of the episode as well as a trait of Bulkster that we don't get to see until season 2 finale and too may head puns. Uggh!

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I never really liked any of the meltdown/prometheus epiosdes.

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Put it this way: They were so bad it was almost actually funny. To laugh at the scriptwriters, that is.

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm back and today we look at Nature Calls and it's quite a boring episode and prelude to the season finale in my opinion.

I'll do both parts of Megatron Rising next.

7. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey! I do that for movies. And I'm doing the same as you... only I'm reinacting the episodes to see what I know (and possibly don't know) off by heart... I'm on Autoboot Camp though... :confused2 

jD001

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    So, I finally made it to the first season finale.

Technically, I consider Part 1 as the season 1 finale due to it's Beast Wars-like cliffhanger while Part 2 is when season 2 begins.

Anyway...

Part 1 was a well-written tense setup where Optimus acted looked like a snobby boss

Part 2 was good until the first commercial break then the animation and story went downhill until the fight scenes at the last act of the episode.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    In the eve before the Season 3 premiere, I'm going to do a double review. Coincidentally, these are the first two episodes of second season.

"The Elite Guard" was a great season premiere which introduced the Elite Guard and set up most of the season.

"Return of Headmaster" was the episode where Optimus displayed that he is the better bot of the two Primes. Although Headmaster was still annoying, I hope we see some resolution to him in Season 3.

Less than 12 hours til the premiere.

10. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Just started watching some of the old episodes. Only 6 hours to go for me.

Please if anyone knows a torrent of this can they post a link