animetoyzone.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by art2614, Nov 14, 2010.

1. art2614

art2614 Well-Known Member

Anyone ever deal with animetoyzone.com before? I would like to order from them but have neve heard of them before.

2. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

No, but the prices on the city commander sets makes me wonder if they are knock offs or not.

3. art2614

They are knock offs. Thats one of the things I want to get from them but dont want to get burned.

4. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry for digging up an old thread but has anyone ordered the KO City Commander from here and received it. I'd really like to order one but I'd like to know they're reputable first. I'm not finding any anywhere near their price anywhere else.

5. Xcept

Xcept Member

Dont Bother! Animetoyzone is a fake website. if you send them an inquiry the guy will reply within minutes and tell you the items you want are all available. But once you finalize payment! All communications stops. Have just been burned bigtime cos i wanted to buy all 3 Fansprojects KO Sets. No Reply or tracking number. Am disputing with paypal now and if i dont get a refund will then make a report at Hongkong Police.

Oh! Also found out they actually copy and pasted their store policy details from GKWorld.

6. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are you serious? I ordered a KO Shadow Commander from them. I even emailed them and they said it shipped!

Now I'm nervous!

7. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please keep us updated if the armors arrive. I've been really tempted on the city commander. I keep hoping kotoys will get it back in stock but i'm getting impatient

8. ZacharyBinx

Ebay:
    Will do! I ordered it on the 13th, so I'm hoping it shows up this week.

9. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits:
    I'm also tempted to order a KO shadow commander form this animetoyzone website, I guess I'll wait and see for now.

10. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    also tempted for KO city commander. got a KO SC of a board member.... if qualities good enough im gonna have to get the other 2 KO commanders.

11. Xcept

Xcept Member

The temptations was too great for me, I saw all 3 armour sets so i sent the guy an email to query if he had them in stock. He immediately replied me within like an hour and even offered to reduce the shipping cost. So i went for it. When payment went through he never replied my request for a tracking number. that got me guessing the guy. so i did a search and found this:

Latest posts of: draciel

"Digimon Electronics / Re: Where to Buy Digimon Electronics
    « on September 13, 2010, 09:57:09 PM » on: September 13, 2010, 09:57:09 PM
    Quote from: Digi-D on September 13, 2010, 06:28:09 AM
    Results for Digimon

Anyone been to this site?
    Looks alright and cheap!

Tried it. I tried to buy a mini and they never shipped it, i dont even think they have it in stock. They will reply to you for your queries but when you ask them about the tracking number and stuff they don't reply. Luckily i did end up getting my money back. But DO NOT buy from them!! It seems too good to be true anyway....."

Thats when i went through their website with a fine tooth comb and saw that their store policy was basically a copy and paste job from GKworld.com's store policy. Read their return policy and it says there that "GKWorld will credit you the return postage fees if the error is ours." which is exactly the same as on GKWorld's website.

Immediately raised dispute with Paypal and now awaiting raise to claim process.

Guy emailed me today to inform me my order was shipped already. Am still hoping he truly truly do. But realistically am not hoping for much.........

Am I Upset? Definately!
    Am I gulliable or a complete "Insert Swear Word Here" Idiot? No Arguments Here!

Just want to make sure nobody falls for their trick like i did.

12. ZacharyBinx

Ebay:
    I've still got my fingers crossed on this. Ugh.

Anybody else had anything go right with this site, and if it's such a load of shit, why is it still open?

13. Xcept

Xcept Member

Dude........ It's Official. I Raised a claim with paypal last night and they immediately concluded my claim this morning only after a few hours. They completely refunded my money. Believe it or not i had my fingers crossed too that at least with paypal breathing down his neck he would actually do send me the sets i ordered. Best guess he was a known case of fraud or others have made the same claim, thats why paypal refunded me so fast.

My advice. Get a refund now. Best of luck to everyone else out there.

14. art2614

I had ordered the KO Shadow Commander and never got tracking from them and filed a paypal claim and he said it had shipped. No tracking was ever given to me and I got a refund the following day. I don't think they actually have anything in stock.

15. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't make sense though if they don't have any stock to begin with why have KO sets listed instead of the originals which they could ask more for. Plus the price on the KO city commander has increased.It was cheaper a couple weeks ago.When I checked a couple weeks ago I couldn't find anything on google about the site good or bad. Now that some bad reports are trickling in it sure doesn't look good. I hope kotoys gets it back in stock soon.

16. ZacharyBinx

Ebay:
    Well, I just filed my claim too.

Ugh. Knew it was too good to be true!

17. ZacharyBinx

Ebay:
    Just an update:

I woke up with an extra $65.99 in my paypal account.

Considering he responded to my email about whether or not it had been shipped (it had), he was sure was quick on that refund.

If you are googling feedback for animetoyzone and see this thread, AVOID. IT IS A SCAM.

18. Adroc

Adroc Collector

Thank god I did my due diligence and researched this site before I submitted an order -- good thing I found this thread. I knew it was too good to be true. They claim to have a WST Hot Rod in stock for $14.99 and a full set of WST Dinobots for just 79.99.

Hopefully this thread bump will make more people aware of this bogus site.

In summary for those who are looking for a site review on animetoyzone.com, it is a SCAM / FRAUD.

19. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    saw them on ioffer....name sounded familiar and sure enough this thread saved me some dough

20. Rod1mus Pr1me

Rod1mus Pr1me New Member

ahhh and I was soo excited tooo T~T i thought i should take a look into them since they have a henkei starscream for only $24.99 o_O  good thing i found this /nod :D  so again to look for a Transformers TFX-01J D.I.A. Commander Trailer Upgrade Kit for a reasonable price =\