Anime: What are you watching? What are you buying? Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Backpack, May 7, 2007.

1. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

The all in one thread, way to show fellow board members what a huge Anime nerd you really are. Also a great place to post pics. :D 

What series or Anime movies are you currently watching. Can be off TV, On Demand, borrowing from a friend, or other means? :wink: 

What series or Anime Movies are you corrently collecting on DVD?

What series or movies are you just waiting to start in on (coming to dvd) ?

What collectibles are you buying? Figures? CDs? Posters? Books? Magazines? Manga? ETC ?

Me as of May 07...

Watch: Not much. Just random episodes of Naruto and Eureka 7. Eps of Gundam Seed Destiny On Demand.

DVDs currently buying:
    Eureka 7
    Gaogaigar
    Moon Phase
    Voltron
    Gun x Sword ( just finished)
    noein
    Shana
    Kurau
    Coyote Ragtime Show
    Disgaea
    Naruto (uncut sets)
    Dragonball Z (season sets)
    Air Gear
    Ergo Proxy
    Fate/ Stay night
    Bleach (just started this one)

Most looking forward to on DVD:
    Keroro Gunso (SGT Frog)
    Die Buster (Gunbuster 2)
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Collectibles:
    Newtype USA (every issue)

Nothing much new on this front.

[​IMG]

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm a long time fan of slam dunk, dragonball and dr. slump manga.

currently digging bleach anime. *gets drop kick by dad*

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Right now I'm watching Bleach on YTV...yeesh what a family dynamic :D  & Naruto

In terms of DVDs...sooner or later I've got to get the 4th Inuyasha movie. Maybe I'll buy it next month from the Providence centre mall when I'm at BotCon.

On animeepisodes.net I'm currently watching Digimon Savers

4. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Seeing that picture still gives me shivers down my spine. Thank god I never let you force me to watch that show. Two minutes of it while flipping channels was more than enough for me. I still can't believe that you wasted a letter to Nintendo Power asking about something related to it, and that they actually answered it. Why didn't you ask about, oh, say, VIDEO GAMES?!?!?!?!

As for me, the only anime I ever truly liked was Fullmetal Alchemist. That show kicked ass. In general, I dislike anime. That's just me, though.

6. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got back to the Classics right now. Outlaw Star and FLCL. I do pop in Gravion every so often.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Nothing at the moment, but I recently picked up all of Patlabor on Television to watch during my month off and Solid State Society should turn up just as i'm finishing that.

I'll be looking at VOTOMS or Planetes after that, not decided which yet.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was watching Death Note, and trying to get this Bleach anime I kept hearing about. I took a short break but plan to get back to watching Death Note soon.

9. Backpack

You know, I've been feeling the same way. Was going through some of my CDs and listened to Tank.. which got me to wanting to watch Bebop again. So I dug through my mountain of DVDs and pulled it out.

Watched both Outlaw and FLCL recently because of the Ultimate FLCL edition, and Outlaw when the series set came out. I've come close a few times to watching Planetes again.

I've also newly taken an interest in Bleach. Of course I know what a success it's been... but generaly defaulted to Naruto. Now that it's airing on Toonami, I managed to check out a few eps.. and it gave me enough of a taste to eventually (last thursday) pick up the first 2 dvds. After 8 eps I'm pretty hooked.

Haven't seen, or even really know anything about Death Note beyond the name. Been seeing it mentioned more and more. Like many titles, it will float under my radar; until it smacks me right in the face.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I'm watching Romeo x Juliet. I've been waiting for an anime version of the story for quite a while. I'm reading One Piece, Sailor Moon, and Full Metal Alchemist mangas. These past couple days I must have read over 60 One Piece chapters, and once I'm done, I've got the whole Sailor Moon manga run to read.

I'm collecting Fate/Stay Night stuff, currently waiting on the Revoltech Saber figure to be released.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Watching:
    Anime
    Aura Battler Dunbine
    Bleach
    Gaogaigar
    Zeta Gundam (rewatch)
    Live Action
    Kamen Rider Den-O
    Jyuken Sentai Gekeirangers
    Sexy Voice and Robo

Reading:
    Dragonball Z (never read the manga before)
    Death Note
    D. Gray-Man
    Everything printed in Shonen Jump

Collectables:
    Naruto and Bleach Gashapons

12. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It's been released. Check eBay, there's domestic sellers that have it. Unfortunately it's a bit more expensive then the regular Revoltechs.

13. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Thanks for the heads-up. Turns out I must have messed something up and the pre-order never went through.. NOW I should have one coming in the mail soon.

14. wljk

wljk Well-Known Member

Have on DVD.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Movies
    Ninja Scroll Movie
    Ghost in the Shell 1 & 2
    GITS SAC season 1
    GITS SAC Season 2(almost have all discs)
    Big O Seasons 1 & 2
    Gatchaman
    Entire Robotech Saga
    Macross Zero
    Excel Saga

Old VHS
    Macross Plus
    Macross 2
    Wicked City
    Fist of the North Star

Wanting
    Hellsing (original and ultimate versions)
    Wolfs Rain
    Eureka 7
    Bleach
    FLCL
    Ghost in the Shell 3(when eventually released in English)

Used to watch many others with my buddy Ed, him and I had quite a collection, but he moved south, so I can't even remember all of the titles that we watched.

15. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

The last anime dvds I bought were:

Full Metal Panic
    Giant Robo
    Both Record of Lodoss War series
    Betterman
    Argentosoma
    S-cry-ed
    Angel Links

16. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:

What series or Anime movies are you currently watching. Can be off TV, On Demand, borrowing from a friend, or other means?

Nagasarete Airantou, Lucky Star (subbed), Eureka Seven, Gundam SEED Destiny, Full Metal Alchemist (dubbed, on YTV). I recently watched Haruhi, Shakugan no Shana and Fate/Stay Night (subbed), and Gun x Sword (Dubbed, on G4 TechTV).

What series or Anime Movies are you corrently collecting on DVD?

Ergo Proxy - I'm waiting to see this series as it's released on DVD. It's damned good!

What series or movies are you just waiting to start in on (coming to dvd) ?

Looking forward to Shakugan no Shana season 2 to start this autumn, and hopefully the rumours about a season 2 of Haruhi have some truth to them!

What collectibles are you buying? Figures? CDs? Posters? Books? Magazines? Manga? ETC ?

I picked up vol. 1 of the English release of Shakugan no Shana, and if anyone ever gets around to licensing Makoto Yukimura's Vinland Saga, I'll snap it up in a heartbeat!

And as far as figures go - does my new E-hobby Robotmasters Victory Saber count?

Gary

17. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I'm about half-way through the Death Note manga right now. I'm looked like Dr. Rockso and cocaine. As for anime, this has been the busiest season for me that I recall. Moonlight Mile, Gurren Lagaan, Heroic Age, Darker Than Black, Romeo X Juliet, Bleach, Naruto Shippuuden, and Koutetsushin Jeeg are all on my weekly watch list. As for buying, Chevalier d'Eon is the only series currently being released that I'm getting. However, I've been trying to fill in the gaps in my FMA and Fighting Spirit collections.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently Watching:

-> Toonami - I usually just leave the whole block on as background noise. Naruto would be a great show if the pacing wasn't so damn slow, but the rest is fairly forgettable.
    -> See "Collecting On DVD". I don't care for subs, so I don't watch anything online and I refuse to watch AdultSwim, so if I'm watching anything, it's usually on DVD.

Currently Reading:

-> Death Note - This is a truly inspired, excellent series...right up until the end of Volume 7. I just bought and read Volume 11 a few days ago and the ending is going to have to be absolutely spectacular to make up for it treading water for the last four volumes.
    -> Fullmetal Alchemist - Just finished Volume 13. Can't say whether I prefer it to the anime or not; they both stand up very well and I really look forward to getting new volumes of this one.
    -> Hellsing - Meh, it's not bad. The art is good, but needlessly confusing during the fight scenes. So far, I'm liking the (Ultimate) anime better.
    -> Neon Genesis Evangelion - Picked up the first few volumes at a 'closing forever' sale at a nearby Waldenbooks; haven't started reading yet.

Collecting on DVD:

-> Scrapped Princess - Picked up the Complete Collection a few weeks ago and watched through to episode 15 before running into a bad sector on the DVDs and setting it aside until I get a chance to get a new set. Great animation and a decent story, but it's not quite hooking me as easily as other shows.
    -> Eureka Seven - Really great series that's just starting to pick up but the DVD release is glacially slow; it won't be finished until sometime next year, I think, at the current rate.
    -> Hellsing Ultimate - Beautiful animation and overall fun, but the frenetic pace makes me glad I watched the original anime first.

Looking Forward To:

-> Death Note - A little concerned how they're going to make such a dialogue-heavy manga into an interesting anime, but should be worth it.
    -> Ergo Proxy - Reading reviews for now and taking a wait-and-see.
    -> Fate/Stay Night - Sounds pretty generic so far, but the reviews have been decent.
    -> Evangelion Movies

Collectibles:

-> RevolTech EVAs - Currently have one version of each EVA and planning to get two of each version of Unit 05.
    -> Angel Chromosome Statues (Evangelion).

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

My Heat Guy J box set arrived today, so I'm going to be watching the hell out of that for the next week or so. Enjoying Bleach and Blood+ on [adult swim].

Honestly, I can't remember the last Anime DVD I buyed (aside from the aforementioned HGJ set). I bought FMA as it was coming out, often on the release date, and I plan to get the live action Cutie Honey, but that doesn't really count. Really looking forward to the new Eva movies and will probably pick up the rest of the new Macross dub at some point.

Last Anime toys I bought were some Pokemon figures, but I'm sure that will change. Revoltech is calling to me.

20. Backpack

OH! Fighting Spirit! How nice to find another fan of this often over looked series. For 2 years Ippo was definatly my guilty pleasure. I couldn't wait for each Vol. as they came out. Damn I miss that series.