Anime Weekend Atlanta 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Voiceroy, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Hot on the heels of Dragon*Con, AWA is scheduled for September 18-20:

http://www.awa-con.com/

No Transformers-related media guests scheduled, unfortunately. But I'm hoping with the ROTF movie hype that there will be more TF presence in the dealers room at least. I had a decent haul last year: Movie Deluxe WMT Exclusive Jolt, TRU Reissue Soundwave, and Revoltechs Megatron and Rodimus.

I'll be there all weekend on a media pass, reporting for ToonZone.net and my blog (linked below). I might also be involved in a couple panels, but don't have official confirmation on that just yet. I'll also have a table at the 2nd Annual SUPERHAPPYFUNSELL on Thursday night (9.17), selling some TF stuff and other collectible miscellany with a lot better deals than will be available in the dealers' room.

In 2008, a handful of us TFW members showed up as well, including TFW's shibamura prime -- co-creator of MyLittleTransformer.com.

Give us a heads-up if you're coming too!

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    bump

I'm actually only going to be at AWA now for 2 and a 1/2 days, since I booked a gig for Sunday that I have to leave for Saturday evening.

I'm confirmed to have a table for SUPERHAPPYFUNSELL on Thursday night, and will definitely have some TF stuff to sell or trade. If you're coming, and you have anything you could bring that's on my wanted list (linked in my sig line below), I'd definitely be up for a trade.

I'll be at the con all day Friday and Saturday until about 4pm. I'll likely be wearing TF shirts while I'm there, so look for me wearing my StylinOnline Prime Club shirt or my Decepticon jersey. I'll probably wear a TFW hat too.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm debating it, I only have so much money to spend this month. I'm currently waiting for BBTS to deal with UPS so UPS can replace the $300+ specialty shelving they broke. I haven't even completely unpacked it, I opened the top and heard the broken glass moving around. The hole in the box should have given me a clue. So the package is still 90% packed and waiting return shipping. I can never get anything nice.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I may not be at AWA Thursday night for the SUPERHAPPYFUNSELL after all. I just got a late call with work on a TV shoot downtown, and if I end up working a 12-13 hour day, no AWA for me Thursday night. I need the work more badly than I need to pay $25 for a table to try selling stuff. Last year, I made almost $200 selling at SHFS, but there's no guarantee that I'll be able to do that kind of business again.