ANime transformer toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ang3l3s, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

Do you think the anime toys will become what the G1 toys are today to the kids who have them or grew up with them now, or will G1 and anything G1 CARTOON ACCURATE be the holy grail to every generation???

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    What's anime toys? Do you mean Transformers Animated?

IMO, to kids right now I'd imagine they'll grow up treasuring the toys of the live action movie, though time will tell.

3. Riltht

Riltht Full-Time Doomsayer

For most who will stay with it, it's the toys and cartoonthey grew up with.

4. bradinmo

bradinmo Well-Known Member

I agree. What made Transformers, G.I. Joe, He-Man, etc. so much fun was seeing characters come to life on t.v. and then hold them in your hands and play with the toys at home. If kids today watched Animated, those toys will be what they are nestalgic about. If they missed Animated and only saw the movie (poor kids), the movie toys will be their Holy Grails.

I'm a child of the 80's so I Love my G1 Optimus Prime... God Love his blocky little lack of articulation!

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Often you'll find newer fans of the franchise that get enamoured, or enjoy the history of Transformers, and they begin to appreciate G1 for it's worth. Though the Unicron Trilogy is still seen in a far better light in their eyes because that's what they started with (far better light than us who started with G1 watching the Trilogy).

I know a LOT of people round my age really got into Transformers with Beast Wars, and that will always be "it" for them, whether they appreciate G1 or not.

A person is always going to have a fondness for which series it is that made them a fan of the franchise, whether it's G1, the Beast series, RiD, Unicron Trilogy, the live action films, or now Animated. And their toy collections will easily show that.