Anime Expo getting TF movie screening?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by shibamura_prime, Jun 6, 2007.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    If this is old news, a thousand pardons...

http://www.animeexpo.com/

Looks like they're jumping on the pre-screening bandwagon. July 2nd @12:30pm. That means they get the movie 7 and a half hours earlier than everyone else, right? ^_^

2. Psychomud

Psychomud Well-Known Member

Nope. In Korea I get to see it June 28th. ;-)

However - thats not the first screening either! It's the 2nd. Some festival in Italy gets first dibs. But first open to public release goes down here in Korea (and New Zealand - both on June 28th). But Korea is a couple hours ahead of NZ. ;-)

Yea me!

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At Botcon we get to see it twice before that anime convention :p 

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Meh...You just like braggin about going to the Hasbro Charity event :lol ....But that's fine I do the same thing to a fellow fan here in Winnipeg :D 

5. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I'm not as much into anime as I used to be. Can anyone explain in a nutshell what exactly goes in at these anime conventions? Is it a place for vendors to gather and sell their anime wares? Are there any freebies to be had? (food, drink, videos, various schwag, etc.) Traffic is usually pretty bad in downtown Long Beach and parking usually costs an arm an a leg, but I live close enough that I could take the bus there if I wanted to.

6. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

But the LA Film Festival gets it as the US premiere first, so we're even to an extent. ;) 

Various panels, anime music videos competitions, cosplay gatherings, workshops (Ifind those useless), meeting the guests, and one of the biggest attraction, the merchants' hall where you can shop till you drop or gawk in envy. There's also the masquerade and other events. Free schwag varies each year.